Time To Change The Law On Drugs?

La Colombe

On 5/17/2022 at 5:22 PM, cissolt said:

Dr Alex mentioned medical cannabis as part of the tourism plan today in Tynwald, not really sure why as I was only half listening.

Cannabis, in the way he and his department, must have been smoking it when they came up with this 500,000 visitor fantasy?

Yeah man..... just imagine it would be wicked man, lots and lots of people here all smoking and being cool and hugging each other man, its a paradise man, totally dude, yeah man I love you etc etc etc.

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Cannabis, in the way he and his department, must have been smoking it when they came up with this 500,000 visitor fantasy?

Don't be ridiculous!  The 'plans' they come out with at DfE, they must be on something much stronger.

It can't be emphasised just how content-free this particular document is.  It's all bland statements and vague aspirations and nothing really concrete about what they are going to do.  Though I imagine hiring more civil servants with fancy titles will come into it.  And more committees.  And much more money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Don't be ridiculous!  The 'plans' they come out with at DfE, they must be on something much stronger.

It can't be emphasised just how content-free this particular document is.  It's all bland statements and vague aspirations and nothing really concrete about what they are going to do.  Though I imagine hiring more civil servants with fancy titles will come into it.  And more committees.  And much more money.

We'll definitely need a Director of Cannabis Tourism Policy. In fact why not have two, a director and a deputy and throw in a an assistant for each of them. Then they'll be needing an admin manager (each) with an assistant admin manager plus a media person or two.

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

Yeah man..... just imagine it would be wicked man, lots and lots of people here all smoking and being cool and hugging each other man, its a paradise man, totally dude, yeah man I love you etc etc etc.

Hah! Not sure that is strictly cannabis you are parodying, but I get the picture.

Allow small home growth obviously for personal use. Test to make sure they are a user. Cut out the illegal middle supplier et voila!!!

Free up the Police to DNA test Dog poo, two birds one stoned?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, quilp said:

Shocking...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-22-raped-dealer-over-27036806?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Has this made local headlines yet..?

When this kind of criminality occurs it adds weight to legalisation. 22-year old raped by his supplier over. £500 debt. 

Is that not several years old?