Time To Change The Law On Drugs?

La Colombe

More jobs for the boys?

"The Treasury is advertising a vacancy on the Gambling Supervision Commission , which was recently given responsibility for regulating medicinal cannabis."

Dunning Kruger and more applies here.

Are pharmaceutical products and medicines already regulated? I also surmise cannabis is already approved via Epilodex, Sativex, and Marinol/Drabinol (on the doctors lists?).

There are abundant countries where medical cannabis is regulated and legal. Why not get the existing pharmaceutical regulator to deal with it. Just copy/paste what they do:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_country

If the DK politicios are under the delusion that it is commercially viable to grow consider that the Mediterranean countries are already doing this, and far cheaply with a good climate. What is the price of electricity here? If approved for cultivation the farming regulator can deal with it. (Was hemp ever grown over here?)

Do you want information on the medicinal benefits of cannabis from reputable sources? Here you go:

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/hc-sc/documents/services/drugs-medication/cannabis/information-medical-practitioners/information-health-care-professionals-cannabis-cannabinoids-eng.pdf

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/hp/cannabis-pdq#_15

I am available for consultation at say £60k per annum and expenses. I will of course need staff to assist me. I will also need to travel extensively to review the protocols adopted by different countries.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, philwebs said:

More jobs for the boys?

"The Treasury is advertising a vacancy on the Gambling Supervision Commission , which was recently given responsibility for regulating medicinal cannabis."

[...]There are abundant countries where medical cannabis is regulated and legal. Why not get the existing pharmaceutical regulator to deal with it. Just copy/paste what they do:

Oddly enough, though this appeared as a news item on 3FM, I can't find the details anywhere on Jobtrain, there's nothing I can find for GSC.

Obviously copying and pasting is all they are capable of doing, but we know from Dr Ranson's evidence that those with those skills (and only those skills) are paid far more than that.

• 3 weeks later...

This is what should happen here immediately with everything else to follow over time

Government sources said the legislation was driven by a desire to liberalise consumption and cultivation “within one’s own four walls”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/22/luxembourg-first-in-europe-to-legalise-growing-and-using-cannabis

• Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

This is what should happen here immediately with everything else to follow over time

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/22/luxembourg-first-in-europe-to-legalise-growing-and-using-cannabis

It won't happen in that way. They'll take a softly softly approach and after another couple of consultations decriminalise it at the end of the administration. It'll be a decade before it is fully legal over here. The Island are not leaders and take an exceptionally cautious approach to everything.

6 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

It won't happen in that way. They'll take a softly softly approach and after another couple of consultations decriminalise it at the end of the administration. It'll be a decade before it is fully legal over here. The Island are not leaders and take an exceptionally cautious approach to everything.

The approach taken by Luxembourg as described in that article isn't making it fully legal. You can't be walking round the streets smoking it wherever you want. But its letting people live their private lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The approach taken by Luxembourg as described in that article isn't making it fully legal. You can't be walking round the streets smoking it wherever you want. But its letting people live their private lives.

that should satisfy 99 % of users

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

I suspect the Guardian has been rather gullible in reading the press release and actually a lot of other EU countries are already more liberal or planning to be.  For example Malta has already announced similar measures and unlike Luxembourg is getting rid of possession of small amounts as an offence.  And the cannabis clubs that Malta have added to their proposals have been around in Spain for decades, though no one seems sure if they are legal or not, prosecutions aren't happening.

Of course the usual problem with this is what you identified in a different thread - it can become very class-based.  Those with nice big gardens will find things easier than those living in a council flat.  Those from a certain background or ethnic group might find themselves more likely to get arrested for dealing than those with the same amount of drugs but a different appearance.

As with most cannabis 'reforms' it's all very much an organised hypocrisy and full of pointless and self-contradictory virtue-signalling.  I thought we were supposed to be encouraging people to smoke outside for instance.  

• Like 1

I would like to be wrong. But I fully expect that dope will continue to be illegal here long after it stops being illegal in most other places.

That's been the history of things here.

It's already effectively legal almost everywhere else in these islands.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pongo said:

I would like to be wrong. But I fully expect that dope will continue to be illegal here long after it stops being illegal in most other places.

That's been the history of things here.

It's already effectively legal almost everywhere else in these islands.

It's all about control Pongo. They can run around picking up what the police consider to be 'low life scum' on drugs charges, which is easier than actually doing proper police work and getting people for real offences, which are only in the minds of the cops anyway. 

Low hanging fruit basically, it justifies their budget and makes the thick heads happy!

18 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Of course the usual problem with this is what you identified in a different thread - it can become very class-based.  Those with nice big gardens will find things easier than those living in a council flat.  Those from a certain background or ethnic group might find themselves more likely to get arrested for dealing than those with the same amount of drugs but a different appearance.

It's letting people grow 4 plants, like a metre square with a 250hps. Its not complicated, not for growing loads and selling it, its for people to make the choice of what they do in their own lives. It is a good thing in all possible considerations and should be the starting point here, right now.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

It's all about control Pongo. They can run around picking up what the police consider to be 'low life scum' on drugs charges, which is easier than actually doing proper police work and getting people for real offences, which are only in the minds of the cops anyway. 

Low hanging fruit basically, it justifies their budget and makes the thick heads happy!

I do not see it those terms. It's not that deliberate.

Just that this is a small and conservative place.

16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I have raised this before.

Not being a cannabis user but maybe curious enough to give it a go, where would I go to get some?

Everyone says the Island is awash with the stuff ( and more “dangerous “ )drugs

Other than putting a “wanted” post on Facebook where would you go?

Government offices, they must be pretty bored having nowt to do all day?