Time To Change The Law On Drugs?

La Colombe

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Government offices, they must be pretty bored having nowt to do all day?

I was hoping for a more serious answer. It’s a serious question

If you wanted to, as a novice how would you make your first purchase.?

You can go to the pub and buy a pint, go to the supermarket and buy some cigarettes. But in the illegal drug world how do you enter the market?

Green Light (2019)

This is a hard to watch documentary on the illicit practice of supplying medical cannabis to those in need.

http://www.filmblerg.com/2019/10/07/film-review-green-light-2019/

"I question the wisdom of this film” says the lead of Ned Donohoe’s important new documentary. Medical cannabis becoming legal is only a matter of time, so getting busted for supplying it to the sick and dying is like being arrested by the Stasi a week before the Berlin Wall fell. What the two men here are doing is illegal: showing their faces and operation in a nationally circulated documentary is one of the risker decisions in their already precarious line of work. "

Care - there appear to be at least another two films of the same name and year. This is the Australian one. It can be found if you search.

On 10/22/2021 at 10:15 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

I was hoping for a more serious answer. It’s a serious question

If you wanted to, as a novice how would you make your first purchase.?

You can go to the pub and buy a pint, go to the supermarket and buy some cigarettes. But in the illegal drug world how do you enter the market?

You just ask a friend who uses it who they get it from.

It is that simple although much harder to get hold of than before COVID and border restrictions and people are very wary of selling to someone they haven’t dealt with before for obvious reasons.

Legalise it and all the shadiness goes away.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Legalise it and all the shadiness goes away.

Fuck

It

Does

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Fuck

It

Does

So say you can but it from regulated and licensed premises, and that only licensed and regulated businesses can import.

As part of the legislation you massively increase the penalties for anyone found importing or selling who isn’t licensed.  Like massively, make it a risk nobody is going to be prepared to take.

What is shady about that?  All the dodgy dealers would vanish or at least be much easier to track down and take out of action.

• Like 1

It's a big subject, but a quick observation, this is key:  

36 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

As part of the legislation you massively increase the penalties for anyone found importing or selling who isn’t licensed.  Like massively, make it a risk nobody is going to be prepared to take.

You would have to make weed class A. That ain't gonna happen.

It's going to take someone with an ego like Dr Allinson MHK to take this on and I can't see him blowing his medical credentials and his career in Tynwald for the failure he is likely to be met with.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

It's a big subject, but a quick observation, this is key:  

You would have to make weed class A. That ain't gonna happen.

It's going to take someone with an ego like Dr Allinson MHK to take this on and I can't see him blowing his medical credentials and his career in Tynwald for the failure he is likely to be met with.

Just copy what they are planning in Italy.  Simple 

Your last paragraph is a belter.  He wouldn’t be blowing anything as there would be public support for a sensible legislation 

13 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Just copy what they are planning in Italy.  Simple 

Your last paragraph is a belter.  He wouldn’t be blowing anything as there would be public support for a sensible legislation 

If that was the case Dr Allinson would have jumped on it ages ago. Maybe he is intending to do so. Wombs first weed second sort of thing.

Let's see what he comes up with the next few months,.

Incidentally, there is nothing I would use Italy as a model for.

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

If that was the case Dr Allinson would have jumped on it ages ago. Maybe he is intending to do so. Wombs first weed second sort of thing.

Let's see what he comes up with the next few months,.

Incidentally, there is nothing I would use Italy as a model for.

Even the US has, at a state level, managed to reap the benefits of the cannabis industry. We're talking billions of dollars in tax.

Allinson has been talking about legalising cannibis for years now. It's not some new thing, we just had a lot more election candidates professing their support for the idea.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Even the US has, at a state level, managed to reap the benefits of the cannabis industry. We're talking billions of dollars in tax.

Allinson has been talking about legalising cannibis for years now. It's not some new thing, we just had a lot more election candidates professing their support for the idea.

"Even the US....." as Italy, same applies.

Diddly Pat will be done Isle of Man. Not before Westminster.

There's no need for a private members bill this time from The Doctor. He now sits with the Government big boys.

Let's see what he does. Other than some token rumblings, I reckon nothing.

8 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Can anyone give an actual reason or justification for not changing the current law?  Other than the fact that it is currently illegal and so deemed to be bad by some?

Despite your name, I don't think you're from around these parts, boy.

This is the Isle of Man. We don't do dope.

Edited by Barlow
  • Haha 1