Time To Change The Law On Drugs?

La Colombe

17 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I’m not sure governments want to encourage drugs that bring more consciousness to people. I think they prefer the drugs and distractions we have that take us away from true consciousness of our existence and not just filling in the gaps.

I’ve often wondered if it’s on purpose. Weed, LSD, MDMA, mushrooms, are all drugs that bring you closer to consciousness. I also wonder if that’s why they’re banned while other more harmful substances are legal and encouraged. 

I've always believed that such drug taking leads generally to less consciousness, not more. I know the takers believe that their mind power etc increases and they have better realisations etc. But that is not how it seems from the other side of the lens, so to speak. They just seem fuzzy and confused.

Most of the Covid deniers and other such conspiracy theorists I know who tell me their revelations  which they have experienced, are cannabis smokers. I don't agree with any of their theories and the revelations they tell me, with open eyes and enthusiasm, I knew as a kid.

That said, I admit I like a pint or two, and after a few I talk some utter shite too.

Edited by AOR

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/level-of-frustration-with-medicinal-cannabis-export-market/

Govt jobsworths have regulated the shit out of it so much all ready that we are having amend the process as the only person that can actually be bothered or afford to jump through all the hoops that have been put in place for this ground breaking savior to the manx economy is the local billionaire. 

Basically exactly what we have done to everything else the FSA or GSC get their mits on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/level-of-frustration-with-medicinal-cannabis-export-market/

Govt jobsworths have regulated the shit out of it so much all ready that we are having amend the process as the only person that can actually be bothered or afford to jump through all the hoops that have been put in place for this ground breaking savior to the manx economy is the local billionaire. 

Basically exactly what we have done to everything else the FSA or GSC get their mits on. 

Anything governmental monkeys get involved in invariably stalls due to excess paperwork and pedantic pen pushers

You're assuming that this is a bug not a feature.

At least one Channel Islands clinic claims to have "teams in Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man [...] led by Local Doctors and Pharmacists who are highly trained in the field of medicinal cannabis" so there are clearly people wanting to set up here to supply as well.

22 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Anything governmental monkeys get involved in invariably stalls due to excess paperwork and pedantic pen pushers

11 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

You're assuming that this is a bug not a feature.

At least one Channel Islands clinic claims to have "teams in Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man [...] led by Local Doctors and Pharmacists who are highly trained in the field of medicinal cannabis" so there are clearly people wanting to set up here to supply as well.

I was with some of the new team for Digital Isle yesterday regarding some new proposed sectors of interest to explore and how to do this/get govt support.

At the same time I was with a guy who used to work at Digital Isle and has now gone back to ‘Poacher’ rather than ‘Game Keeper’.  Hilariously, after a couple of hours of brainstorming, he piped up with “you know X person (now also left) and I already did this a few years ago, you should have a look in your archives.” 

Even he also stated that whatever they chose to do, whilst all the stakeholders agree there needs to be some oversight and regulation, don’t go overboard, like they did with Cannabis, Funds, Crypto, Captive Insurance etc etc.  Whereby they’ll force everyone who initially came here based on a really great idea get forced elsewhere by the bureaucratic realities and other govt meddling that kills the industry.

Three GPs I've spoke to at different surgeries have no interest in prescribing it.  Hence why people are going to have to go private.  

• Like 1

Looking at the IOM Today website this morning. 

On the home page are 3 reports of people being busted for importing or possession and 2 reports upon the Pharmacy dispensing and the Peel Group cultivation plans. 

The irony is like some kind of sick joke.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Firm granted a licence to grow and export. 

https://www.businessisleofman.com/news/first-isle-of-man-medicinal-cannabis-for-export-licence-approved/

Gro Labs appear to be already operating in the UK, but are going to move their Head Office and some growing here. 

Although I can't find any info on a Gro Labs on the UK Companies Registry. 

Their website is already mentioning their IOM operation. 

https://growlaborganics.com/about

Still an ironic sick joke. We'll be growing and exporting here now, whilst no one here is realistically able to use it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Firm granted a licence to grow and export. 

https://www.businessisleofman.com/news/first-isle-of-man-medicinal-cannabis-for-export-licence-approved/

Gro Labs appear to be already operating in the UK, but are going to move their Head Office and some growing here. 

Although I can't find any info on a Gro Labs on the UK Companies Registry. 

Their website is already mentioning their IOM operation. 

https://growlaborganics.com/about

Still an ironic sick joke. We'll be growing and exporting here now, whilst no one here is realistically able to use it. 

Alex Fray behind it is an Islander isn't he? Wasn't he Boston Multi Family Office?

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

Alex Fray behind it is an Islander isn't he? Wasn't he Boston Multi Family Office?

Yeah but because he is Boston CSP, makes me unsure whether he is doing it himself or on behalf of a client. 

Yeah but because he is Boston CSP, makes me unsure whether he is doing it himself or on behalf of a client. 

*was

I'm pretty certain he's thrown all the money he got from Boston in to this, if what I was told ages ago is to be believed. No doubt he has other backers now though.

• Thanks 1

The licence has been issued by the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission.

I find this confusing.

The CEO of the Gambling Supervision Commission states: "The GSC has worked attentively to identify a definitive list of stakeholders before creating the regulations to ensure the correct information gateways are captured in statute."

Note the words "attentively", "definitive", and "gateways" which add nothing to the comment.  I sense a great deal of bullshit in that press statement.

• Like 3