Time To Change The Law On Drugs?

La Colombe

be careful what you wish for , the market in America looks like its collapsing  too many growers , reduced  quality  no interstate control , and some of those who have invested heavily in the medical  variation are loosing money , excellent article on BBC business  today ,

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Omobono said:

be careful what you wish for , the market in America looks like its collapsing  too many growers , reduced  quality  no interstate control , and some of those who have invested heavily in the medical  variation are loosing money , excellent article on BBC business  today ,

Thats mostly because america is stupid. Sadly, the people involved here are greedy fucks too.

The key reason there has been no serious change to the law on drugs is that the local politicians cannot change the law. Despite all the bullshit and bonhomie they are powerless to do so. Until they are told they can make a change (eg medical cannabis) nothing will happen.

Why are there so many useless politicians if they really cannot do anything (and why are there so many useless civil servants) ?

The applicable legislation is:

MISUSE OF DRUGS ACT 1976

http://www.legislation.gov.im/cms/images/LEGISLATION/PRINCIPAL/1976/1976-0021/MisuseofDrugsAct1976_1.pdf

"It shall be the duty of the Advisory Council to keep under review the situation in the Island with respect to drugs which are being or appear to it likely to be misused and of which the misuse is having or appears to it capable of having harmful effects sufficient to constitute a social problem"

(Ponder on this. How about ethanol, nicotine, sugar, fast cars, the TT....... Also there are some 4,000 years of information on the benefits and uses of cannabis both as a medicine and as an agricultural crop.)

This links to the UK legislation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misuse_of_Drugs_Act_1971

This in turn links back to the United Nations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Convention_on_Narcotic_Drugs

Specifically the 1961 and amended 1972 conventions.

Who controls and directs the UN? The United States of course.

Who controls the United States? The big business cartels who do not like any competition (political donations are absolutely not corruption).

You need to look into Standard Oil, Rockefeller medicine (Big Pharma), petro chemicals and plastics. Remember to take in the prison complex.

Got it?

On why the push to medicinal cannabis just follow the money. If something is illegal the price is high, especially if an abusive cartel controls it.

In the UK GW Pharmaceuticals rules the roost. Mostly owned by Philip May (married to ex PM), with the product of some 95 tons per annum grown in the UK by British Sugar ,which is run by the husband of Mrs Atkins, former UK drugs Tsar. In the Isle of Man the usual crowd are looking to make loads of money, and keep it illegal as long as possible to maximise profits.

NEWS FLASH

"Biden Health Secretary Has Already Talked To FDA About Marijuana Scheduling Review, Which Will Move ‘Quickly’

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/biden-health-secretary-has-already-talked-to-fda-about-marijuana-scheduling-review-which-will-move-quickly/

In time the laws will be changed. Unfortunately there will most likely be no restitution to those who have been abused, or to those who applied the abuse. It will quietly be forgotten.

Never trust a politician. If they move their lips they are lying, if their lips are not moving they are hiding something. Why are there so many if they cannot do anything, and why are they paid so much for so little?

13 hours ago, Omobono said:

Good 

On 10/8/2022 at 11:49 PM, Omobono said:

They should go slowly with the legalization of marijuana. First, decriminalize its medical use. Then, if enough doctors enjoy getting high, give it to everyone else.

• Haha 1

The Bermuda situation:

https://archive.ph/AO4ag

Washington Post article.

Bermuda wants to change the laws, Crown says no.

"the government in this Atlantic archipelago of 64,000 people approved legislation to liberalize the code. All that remained to enact it was the assent of the governor, the British monarch’s representative in the territory — usually a formality.

But some 3,300 miles away, in Mother Britain, there was a problem. The foreign secretary had concluded that the bill would put Britain in violation of international drug control treaties that forbid signatories from permitting the recreational use of cannabis.

And so Rena Lalgie, the crown-appointed governor of Bermuda, said last month she had “received an instruction” issued on “Her Majesty’s behalf, not to assent to the bill as drafted.”

This means that all the bluster and protestation of the local politicians mean nothing. The laws only change when the UN (US) say they can change, or a country renounces the Drug Conventions.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, philwebs said:

The Bermuda situation:

https://archive.ph/AO4ag

Washington Post article.

Bermuda wants to change the laws, Crown says no.

"the government in this Atlantic archipelago of 64,000 people approved legislation to liberalize the code. All that remained to enact it was the assent of the governor, the British monarch’s representative in the territory — usually a formality.

But some 3,300 miles away, in Mother Britain, there was a problem. The foreign secretary had concluded that the bill would put Britain in violation of international drug control treaties that forbid signatories from permitting the recreational use of cannabis.

And so Rena Lalgie, the crown-appointed governor of Bermuda, said last month she had “received an instruction” issued on “Her Majesty’s behalf, not to assent to the bill as drafted.”

This means that all the bluster and protestation of the local politicians mean nothing. The laws only change when the UN (US) say they can change, or a country renounces the Drug Conventions.

This is exactly what I've said. 

Despite what the IOM population and even the Govt might want or say, there are going to be no changes here until the UK changes its rules. 

Edited by The Phantom
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Despite what the IOM population and even the Govt might want or say, there are going to be no changes here until the UK changes its rules. 

Exactly. That is why any further discussion or debate will not achieve any change whatsoever. Let it Grow.😀

9 minutes ago, Turtleish said:

Iv had my prescription in hand for months now... still no sign of karsons filling the script! Hopefully by end of this month was the last I heard.. no rush.. 

I suspect that IOM Care or whoever it is handling this hasn't cleared the importation/customs issues.  You'd have thought this is something that would have been cleared up prior to the the grand announcement. 

If it was grown here, it might ease things a little, as you're not going to have to import anything.  But you're going to have to wait at least a couple of years for that to come to fruition. 

I've seen Alex Frey from GRO is doing some sort of talk next month.  Might be worth going along, see if he has any idea what's going on.  I see they are supposed to start construction of their operation in 2022, but no idea if this is the case. 

https://www.startupgrind.com/events/details/startup-grind-isle-of-man-presents-glo-up-leading-the-change-in-the-cannabis-industry/

11 minutes ago, Turtleish said:

Iv had my prescription in hand for months now... still no sign of karsons filling the script! Hopefully by end of this month was the last I heard.. no rush.. 

Me too. There are no details available on Karson's pricing structure either. Easy to see where this 'project' is going- it'll be beyond the budget of most of those who need it. The Medicann consultant gave me a vague costing based on their pricing but said Karson's will be expecting to make a profit, though how much of a mark-up, he couldn't say.

6 minutes ago, quilp said:

Me too. There are no details available on Karson's pricing structure either. Easy to see where this 'project' is going- it'll be beyond the budget of most of those who need it. The Medicann consultant gave me a vague costing based on their pricing but said Karson's will be expecting to make a profit, though how much of a mark-up, he couldn't say.

I have been dealing with Dr sunni for a couple of years, all was well until October last year,  due to import licence.  Price was between 6-12£ per gram. Why they cannot copy and paste the legislation that is used to import into the channel Islands? 🤔 

• Like 1

A conversation with Karson's reveals they have a pricing structure but because everything admin-wise is so "fluid" presently, they cannot reveal how the dispensed product will be costed. And we are "weeks away" from everything being in place for dispensing to begin.

A search reveals that in Jersey, a medicinal cannabis prescription which may cost £150/monthly in England rises dramatically to almost twice that after tax importation costs to Jersey and the mark-up by the dispensaries. And that's for a bare minimum script. The cost rises even more, based on the quantity and combination of THC/CBD.

@Rob Callister any comment on this? 

1 hour ago, Turtleish said:

1 minute ago, quilp said:

A conversation with Karson's reveals they have a pricing structure but because everything admin-wise is so "fluid" presently, they cannot reveal how the dispensed product will be costed. And we are "weeks away" from everything being in place for dispensing to begin.

A search reveals that in Jersey, a medicinal cannabis prescription which may cost £150/monthly in England rises dramatically to almost twice that after tax importation costs to Jersey and the mark-up by the dispensaries. And that's for a bare minimum script. The cost rises even more, based on the quantity and combination of THC/CBD.

@Rob Callister any comment on this? 

So basically it seems that we haven't even remotely got the infrastructure in place to allow the dispensary to get it's product?  Why make the big announcements when we clearly can't do it.  Standard shambles. 

Got an attic, garage, shed, spare room? 

For about £300 you can get a tent, lights and fan.  With some fast autoflowers, you could be in the green in about 3/4 months.

So I'm told. 

Judging by the prices quoted of likely about that per month, it seems your local dealer would be offering a public service. 

• Like 1