Time To Change The Law On Drugs?

La Colombe

4 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Has anyone on the island received any from the pharmacy?  Seems health are deliberately dragging their heels 

Nothing's been dispensed as yet. There's a suspicion that this 'project' will likely be unaffordable for many prospective patients. Even at this stage, it is impossible to obtain from the dispensary a costing for one's prescription. It seems they have an idea of an OTC cost but weren't prepared to disclose what it was.

Is the paperwork now in order? Didn't our man in government read the small print?

5 minutes ago, quilp said:

Nothing's been dispensed as yet. There's a suspicion that this 'project' will likely be unaffordable for many prospective patients. Even at this stage, it is impossible to obtain from the dispensary a costing for one's prescription. It seems they have an idea of an OTC cost but weren't prepared to disclose what it was.

Is the paperwork now in order? Didn't our man in government read the small print?

Apparently the holdup is caused by Uk  home office & expecting licenses shortly but as Hooper confirmed any prescriptions will not be covered by health services 

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Apparently the holdup is caused by Uk  home office & expecting licenses shortly but as Hooper confirmed any prescriptions will not be covered by health services 

Yes, it has been known for some time that the delay has been down to exportation legality. I can see street weed ending up cheaper than the prescripted product. Another Manx monopoly. 

4 hours ago, Max Power said:

I recently read that states in the US which have legalised cannabis are beginning to regret their decision. The control which they thought that they could exert is non existent, dealers undercut the legal market with unregulated weed and the levels of cannabis related psychosis have rocketed.   

Canada has become a basket case with people afraid to walk home at night because of stoned drivers mounting the footpaths , huge increase  in driving under the influence of controlled substances , 

saying that  wait until you see the figures for the isle of Man  , scary stuff , no problem  with cannabis in a proper tested and approved medical product ,  but too many grey areas , at present    and cannabis production and sales    is fast becoming a cottage industry in the isle of Man , the damage is being done to our children ,! who are currently receiving too many mixed messages 

• Like 1

They're finally dispensing! Genuinely surprised this has been sorted. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/islands-first-medicinal-cannabis-dispensing-service-to-open/

I was actually chatting to a guy at the weekend who was adamant one of his friends was going to receive this week, but I thought it was a bit of a tenuous 'man in the pub said' statement. 

Rumour control...

The dispensing pharmacy are NOT prepared for dispensing. They intend to charge £30 per item on top of the actual prescription charges. Going on this, if your prescription indicates 30ml in 10ml bottles then the cost is £90 on top of the product, and this also depends on the ratio of THC/CBD. It is quite obvious, given the usual tokenism of our 'caring' government, that between them and the dispensary the whole thing is up the left. I stated when the idea of medicinal cannabis for Manx patients was first mooted that it would be a shambles and so far I'm correct. Those who need most will most likely find the product cost-prohibitive.

Government have very recently said that the company, Medicann, are not CQC registered- at this stage in the game! Medicann's response to government is that they are UK registered but have been told that CQC regs don't apply here!

It's all very vague but what is certain is that no cannabis products will be dispensed tomorrow.

Unless Hooper gets his act together before then.

Anyone reading this, after meeting the criteria and being accepted for a script, should think about applying all necessary pressure on government to get its act together...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Turtleish said:

I paid for my well over priced script last Tuesday,  still nothing! I even had contact from Dr sunni  , asking me what's going on.  This gov seems to be throwing as many hurdles as possible to make this fail. Anyone get sorted out yet? Cheers 

You're not alone on this, exactly the same here. Nothing has been dispensed, to anyone. Had a phone call from Sunny this morning explaining that the postal strike is one obstacle creating delay and affecting delivery. My projected delivery date is now somewhere between the 4th and 14th of January. Apparently, they had similar 'teething' problems in Jersey and Guernsey with importation regs but seems they've everything in place now and it's running smoothly.

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, Turtleish said:

@quilp my script is ready for collection today. Eventually 

Just put my script over the counter. 5 to 7 days delivery under normal postal routes but given the industrial action in the UK it'll likely be January delivery. The guy in Karson's is very helpful, said he'd see if he could speed things up. "There are ways" he said. We'll see...

57 minutes ago, AsISayNotAsIDo said:

Have you collected this yet? 

Thanks

It would be safe to say that no person has had anything to collect, to date.

One thing which could become a concern is that there appears to be nothing in place as yet for repeat prescriptions.

Karson's handling charge is £30 per item. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, AsISayNotAsIDo said:

Thanks for your reply. I only ask as I have submitted and paid and was told it should be sorted for today (Monday) but when enquiring was told it wasn’t ready.

@Turtleish Did you collect yours?

Wasn't ready or not on Island? When did your script go in, if I may be so nosy?

2 hours ago, AsISayNotAsIDo said:

Thanks for your reply. I only ask as I have submitted and paid and was told it should be sorted for today (Monday) but when enquiring was told it wasn’t ready.

@Turtleish Did you collect yours?

@AsISayNotAsIDo hi, yes I picked up today,  full script.  I got a text from Karson's this morning saying all go. Hopefully yours is on the way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1