Time To Change The Law On Drugs?

La Colombe

21 hours ago, cissoltt said:

I am sure that's true.

The new chief seems to think he's taken over south central,when in fact he's found less cocaine than was discovered in the White House.

At what point do we need to cut the police budget?  Charging a girl who was driving when a 1 gram drug deal took place?  Deary me.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/people-accused-of-supplying-drugs-in-nighttime-economy-appear-in-court/

So do you think drug dealers should just be allowed to crack on?

7 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

So do you think drug dealers should just be allowed to crack on?

What should happen is that people smoking the odd spliff should not be criminalised. If they are stupid enough to be out and about with it then confiscate it. 

Personally, I would legalise it and let the government start taxing it. Not sure how true it is but the rumour is that Carson's Chemist has earned a considerable sum by being the only chemist with a license.

8 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Not sure how true it is but the rumour is that Carson's Chemist has earned a considerable sum by being the only chemist with a license.

I'd say that was a virtual certainty.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

What should happen is that people smoking the odd spliff should not be criminalised. If they are stupid enough to be out and about with it then confiscate it. 

Personally, I would legalise it and let the government start taxing it. Not sure how true it is but the rumour is that Carson's Chemist has earned a considerable sum by being the only chemist with a license.

I don't disagree regarding cannabis but we're talking about Cocaine and the dealing of it

22 hours ago, cissoltt said:

At what point do we need to cut the police budget?  Charging a girl who was driving when a 1 gram drug deal took place?  Deary me.

It would be dreadful if this was the first ever, ever time she had ever been involved with drugs and drug dealing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Passing Time said:

It's the class A drugs plod should be putting their resources into

Which is what the operation mentioned was about. All class a drug dealers. Whether its 1 gram or a kilo they're facilitating dealing 

On 3/1/2024 at 10:03 PM, Passing Time said:

They’re also hounding those with cannabis 

Cannabis might be ok for you man, but that is no reason to put it out there onto society as an ok to use legalised drug. Cannabis would be a sheer head fuck for many. Are you and the legalise cannabis lobby gonna take responsibility for all the head fucks?

No, because you are only talking about yourself, not society as a whole.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Barlow said:

Cannabis might be ok for you man, but that is no reason to put it out there onto society as an ok to use legalised drug. Cannabis would be a sheer head fuck for many. Are you and the legalise cannabis lobby gonna take responsibility for all the head fucks?

No, because you are only talking about yourself, not society as a whole.

I don’t use it and never have man.

cannabis would be no more of a head fuck (as you so eloquently put it) than getting drunk as a skunk with alcohol 

• Like 1

It's an oft-used and lazy error to imply that intoxication by alcohol or cannabis is equitable. There's a whole world of difference between the two, considering that different areas of the brain are affected by each. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...