Time To Change The Law On Drugs?

La Colombe

On 6/24/2024 at 10:41 AM, The Phantom said:

So out of interest, what are the rules on entrapment on the Island?  

All these seem to be street dealers or people met in the pub by undercover police asking for them to supply. 

Seems it was not entrapment because there wasn't any supply on the first meeting, only later when recognised and approached by the dealer! Bit sneaky still when only the street dealers were targeted, not the importer?

I'd be more concerned not to go after personal use cannabis, heroin fire away!

On 6/24/2024 at 10:15 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

OK thanks.
But I’m not familiar with Snapchat  ( has that got an illegal drug users section?) and I don’t know drug users ( well actually due to the law of averages I probably do, but they don’t disclose their usage to me) And I haven’t got the criminal intelligence that the police have.

So unless I went on Snapchat and said “ anybody got any illegal drugs they’d like to sell me”  ( would that really work?) I’m still without my “ fix”. 
Not that it bothers me I’ve survived until now without it bar the two cannabis episodes in the dim an$ distant past I’ve already mentioned.

You just plant pampas grass in front of your house and then people know you're looking for it.

Here is an amateur documentary which I cam across. It deals with how drugs are treated in Portland, Amsterdam, and Portugal. Full legalisation with no support fails dismally. It is more complex than each country expected, and the outcomes reflect their policies.

Food for thought.

I Investigated the Country that Legalized All Drugs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OYLoPvLzPo

WARNING - hard to watch in places.

On 6/24/2024 at 10:15 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

OK thanks.
But I’m not familiar with Snapchat  ( has that got an illegal drug users section?) and I don’t know drug users ( well actually due to the law of averages I probably do, but they don’t disclose their usage to me) And I haven’t got the criminal intelligence that the police have.

So unless I went on Snapchat and said “ anybody got any illegal drugs they’d like to sell me”  ( would that really work?) I’m still without my “ fix”. 
Not that it bothers me I’ve survived until now without it bar the two cannabis episodes in the dim an$ distant past I’ve already mentioned.

Go for a pee in 1886 and someone will ask you if you want some drugs. It as simple as that. (true story)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Passing Time said:

You don’t have to be a user of anything to see what a senseless waste of money it is prosecuting and jailing cannabis users. 

And a senseless waste of money spending money on drugs.

Druggie bastards

A good point, but to give further context I was walking home late late from an event and nipped in to the only place nearby that was open, 1886. Stone cold sober it is an eye opener indeed, the approach to me in the bogs just a part of that eye-opener.

The kids enjoy it apparently, but I preferred it as a Post Office.

• Like 1

Just come back from a holiday in Greece. Weed and edibles were openly on sale in the local Co-op, in a display stand where you'd expect to find Haribo, not behind the counter or anything. The only restriction was that you had to be over 18.

There was hardly any police presence, everyone was behaving themselves, most of the Brits were glued to the huge tellys in the open air bars, where they were doing a roaring trade with the excellent local beers.

18 hours ago, Passing Time said:

You don’t have to be a user of anything to see what a senseless waste of money it is prosecuting and jailing cannabis users. Plod will shout from the rooftop how good they are at catching “drug dealers” when in reality all they are catching is the bottom feeder mules. It’s really embarrassing…

Lots of good drug advice and information on Manx Forums just now, so anyone help here.

There was a group of lads living in a house down the road from our house in Douglas. They each had a motorbike and forever coming and going throughout the day and night every 20-mins/half hour or so. Each with a wee rucksack. They could only be druggie dealers (but any other suggestions I am happy to take). Now, would they be classed as bottom feeder mules or somewhat up the food chain? 

The new Chief cuntstable obviously wanted to show his teeth and went for a few weekend coke boys and girls. No problem, let’s fill Jurby up. 
not one real dealer up the chain. 

classic IoM plod low hanging fruit bonanza. The war on drugs is a fucking mess and the IoM are still playing at it like it’s 1970’s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Furthermore, this cuntstable is doing this in order to tell Govt, look it’s like a bad day in Haarlam in the IoM, see how many drug convictions we have snd how many are in jail. The borders are porous (🤣). It’s a back handed way in order that the pigs make travel with ID permanent. Even MR are saying the borders are porous now. The fearmongering has started. 

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

Lots of good drug advice and information on Manx Forums just now, so anyone help here.

There was a group of lads living in a house down the road from our house in Douglas. They each had a motorbike and forever coming and going throughout the day and night every 20-mins/half hour or so. Each with a wee rucksack. They could only be druggie dealers (but any other suggestions I am happy to take). Now, would they be classed as bottom feeder mules or somewhat up the food chain? 

Not the sharpest knife in the block are you 

3 hours ago, Bombay Bad Boy said:

Just come back from a holiday in Greece. Weed and edibles were openly on sale in the local Co-op, in a display stand where you'd expect to find Haribo, not behind the counter or anything. The only restriction was that you had to be over 18.

Well I’ve spent more than a few holidays in Greece and not seen anything like that. 

But then again I have admitted my naivety on the subject of drugs.

Maybe what I thought was perhaps Haribo gummies could well have been crack cocaine in some sort of guise. 

10 hours ago, Barlow said:

Go for a pee in 1886 and someone will ask you if you want some drugs. It as simple as that. (true story)

Not my experience.

We went to 1886 for a Sunday roast dinner ( a 70th birthday celebration) and I had occasion to use the toilet facilities and wasn’t troubled in that way at all. Nobody asked me if I wanted some drugs. 

I think  I was the only person in there at the time