Time To Change The Law On Drugs?

La Colombe

I would suggest that the prevalence of drugs has caused much of the increase on the apparent rise in mental health issues.

• Like 1

Article in the Guardian yesterday about taking mushrooms on the approach to death. Helps people get their head around the idea apparently.

Personally I'd recommend taking them much earlier in your life than your death bed.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Itsmeee said:

The link between cannabis use and schizophrenia is well established. 

Well researched yes.  Still doesn't conclusively prove it though.  If anything, it's heavy use during adolescence whilst the the brain is developing.  But it something that is very difficult to prove conclusively. 

It's more likely that people with a pre-disposition to schizophrenia happen to smoke weed. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

He always seemed a bit 'out of it'. In with a certain section of the young crowd. The opportunity to be wasted for the rest of their lives is not a good example to show in society.

A druggie is a druggie.

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

Illegal, prescribed or both?

An interesting point.

Mental health issues. Let's start with 'young people'

Cannabis is not benign as many would try and make us believe. It is available in schools, maybe even primary schools these days. I was a stewed ant when I smoked cannabis. Interesting stuff indeed. But potentially a pure unadultered fuck in the head for a young growing teenager. I'll just say that again: " a fuck in the head". Just so the dope heads among ye, rearing up to protest that alcohol is little different and all that. An argumnet, I would agree with btw, upto a point, but let's leave that out of it just now.

So the fucked up teenager has a fucked up head and goes to the doctor or similar about their concerns and is prescribed valium or similar. (Yeah, kids prescribed traquilizers - now that is a fucked-up society). And so the fucked-upedness continues.

OK, an over simplification and there are other matters in our society that contribute, but I would say the answer is:

illegal, prescribed and both.

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Incredibly mushrooms are class A, so he'll probably get a savage sentence. The benefit to society in prosecuting this man is zero.

The law is fucking retarded, and so are its supporters.

The guy puts himself about as a bit of an example to younger folk. I'm not expecting him to sit in front of the fire every evening with his slippers and cocoa, but it is easy to go hippy once you have had the majority of your life and all the trials and tribulations that go with that. 

I don't think it is a good example for our younger generations, that's all. They have yet to embark further in life. But fuck it, just get wrecked in the head and fuck society, day by day by day.

13 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Incredibly mushrooms are class A, so he'll probably get a savage sentence. The benefit to society in prosecuting this man is zero.

The law is fucking retarded, and so are its supporters.

I thought they only became Class A once you prepared them in some way?  Or is that just our local mushrooms?  As I can imagine it would be tricky to bust someone for being in possession of something that you could just pick up growing naturally in your own garden. 

He should have got a weed prescription.  But still, it costs quite a bit of money to get it and a seed is just a few quid. 

7 minutes ago, Barlow said:

The guy puts himself about as a bit of an example to younger folk. I'm not expecting him to sit in front of the fire every evening with his slippers and cocoa, but it is easy to go hippy once you have had the majority of your life and all the trials and tribulations that go with that. 

I don't think it is a good example for our younger generations, that's all. They have yet to embark further in life. But fuck it, just get wrecked in the head and fuck society, day by day by day.

He's a genuinely good guy.  Heavily involved in many of the arts aspects of the Island and has done a lot of work with special needs kids on the Island.  This benefits no one; especially as he's growing himself and in no way contributing to the global crime/drug underworld. 

• Like 3