Time To Change The Law On Drugs?

La Colombe

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Nobody is ever growing 100 acres over here.  I doubt anyone will even grow an acre to be honest. But what you mean is, get a flashy website, scam some locals to crowd fund you and pay the GSC (who are supposed to be doing the Canabis licecening) a fee.   Bodes well. 

I went to their presentation in the square, I might have written about it on here, obviously dodgy, even though I should really support what they are trying to do.

Nobody is ever growing 100 acres over here.  I doubt anyone will even grow an acre to be honest. But what you mean is, get a flashy website, scam some locals to crowd fund you and pay the GSC (who are supposed to be doing the Canabis licecening) a fee.   Bodes well. 

I went to their presentation in the square, I might have written about it on here, obviously dodgy, even though I should really support what they are trying to do.

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

even though I should really support what they are trying to do.

Ah but do you?  In theory I do too.  But what exactly are they trying to do?  Seemed to me they were selling themselves as some sort of co-operative growing operation and suggesting that any 'shareholders' would be able to get access to their product oh and of course receive a massive return too!  I was bitterly disappointed to be honest. 

No one will grow industrial quantities over here.  Why would you pay for electricity (light), heating and staff, when you can get all that for free in Southern Europe? 

The only thing that will be grown, will be a small R&D amount to enable them to claim that any IP for some new drug or strain was developed in the IOM and therefore get the tax benefits, royalties etc. 

• Like 1

Interesting...... 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/dealer-cheaper-than-medicinal-cannabis-man-tells-court/

This happens elsewhere where it is recreationally legal too, but usually places like the US where it is pretty cheap on the street. 

Weren't there some people on here that received it on prescription, or are close to someone who does?  Would be interesting to compare the real world street prices vs inflated police valuations vs the prescription costs. 

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Interesting...... 

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/dealer-cheaper-than-medicinal-cannabis-man-tells-court/

This happens elsewhere where it is recreationally legal too, but usually places like the US where it is pretty cheap on the street. 

Weren't there some people on here that received it on prescription, or are close to someone who does?  Would be interesting to compare the real world street prices vs inflated police valuations vs the prescription costs. 

It is mostly cheaper on prescription, by a pound or two a gram, but there is a large set up cost and you have to buy the full prescription at once. No 'twenty bag' from the chemist!!

Also, right, the medical stuff is odd. I assume it's been through some additional processing step that the normal stuff hasn't. It's not as nice.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Interesting...... 

its only legal if you've you pay the government money for the pleasure.

• Like 1

Same with anything where the punishment is a fine.  "Legal for a fee" 

With the increasing costs of prescription drugs, I am baffled why our health system isn't taking the benefits more seriously.

Even KPMG highlighted legalizing cannabis would add a huge chunk to the government coffere.

26 minutes ago, cissolt said:

With the increasing costs of prescription drugs, I am baffled why our health system isn't taking the benefits more seriously.

Even KPMG highlighted legalizing cannabis would add a huge chunk to the government coffere.

We don’t want to be seen as ‘seedy’ so overtly the government is against it, conveniently forgetting the absolute monumental pile of seediness that goes on covertly. That kind of seedy behaviour is acceptable. The other, not so much. 

Rockerfeller/Allopathic/Big Pharma is a hugely lucrative cartel which aims to make money. It offers "treatments" rather than cures as a person healed is a loss of revenue.

Natural medicine has from about 100 years ago been made almost illegal. Most doctors will not recommend natural treatments, or even a sensible diet.

The God Plant has properties which make it effective against a wide range of issues with fewer side effects. Other illicit drugs similarly are known to have very good healing properties.

The Big Pharma cartel has therefore destroyed the competition by making natural medicine mostly illegal, and known substances are banned.

You should be aware of the history of Big Pharma:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmorPPJqVCc

Some reading:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6273146/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5297475/

Lots of information out there. Most people are oblivious to the issues.

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

so if we infuse cannabis into the natural gas we want to get at we could bring in gazillions to treasury to spunk away on itself and the health service would still be underfunded .

17 hours ago, Auntie Depressant said:

We don’t want to be seen as ‘seedy’ so overtly the government is against it, conveniently forgetting the absolute monumental pile of seediness that goes on covertly. That kind of seedy behaviour is acceptable. The other, not so much. 

I hope your dealer's weed has fewer seeds in it than that post. 

Edited by La Colombe
  • Haha 1