Prince Philip retires

llap

The Duke of Edinburgh will meet Royal Marines in his final public engagement before he retires from royal duties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40798469

He will be sorely missed. I have always liked Prince Philip. He said it like it is and was never afraid to offend as many people as possible. He also served in active military duty during the war. All three are qualities I admire.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, llap said:

The Duke of Edinburgh will meet Royal Marines in his final public engagement before he retires from royal duties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40798469

He will be sorely missed. I have always liked Prince Philip. He said it like it is and was never afraid to offend as many people as possible. He also served in active military duty during the war. All three are qualities I admire.

What's he retiring from? Shaking people's hands and going on holiday with his wife? They're all shit.

4 minutes ago, NegativeNeil said:

What's he retiring from? Shaking people's hands and going on holiday with his wife? They're all shit.

He's retiring from a long life of outstanding service to this country. You think the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are just on one long holiday? They are constantly planning, traveling to and taking part in public events. They work harder than most people. They also bring in huge amounts of revenue to the country. The Queen is a business woman as well as a monarch. She's not just sat there doing her knitting.

21 minutes ago, llap said:

He's retiring from a long life of outstanding service to this country. You think the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are just on one long holiday? They are constantly planning, traveling to and taking part in public events. They work harder than most people. They also bring in huge amounts of revenue to the country. The Queen is a business woman as well as a monarch. She's not just sat there doing her knitting.

To be honest, that will be done for her too.;)

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:04 PM, llap said:

They don't plan shit.  The turn up where told to, speak to pre-picked people, watch pre-planned events and then fuck off back to the castle using transport provided for them.

5 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

They don't plan shit.  The turn up where told to, speak to pre-picked people, watch pre-planned events and then fuck off back to the castle using transport provided for them.

Got any sources to prove that? No, I didn't think so. Having read most of the royal biographies and having always taken a keen interest in what they are up to, I know you are talking out of your rear end.

32 minutes ago, llap said:

Got any sources to prove that? No, I didn't think so. Having read most of the royal biographies and having always taken a keen interest in what they are up to, I know you are talking out of your rear end.

So the Royals don't have a massive staff of assistants and planners?  Again your extensive "knowledge" is as usual flimsy.

Met The Greek at Neatishead in 2002.  He was steered into the room, introduced the SEngO and then steered off again to next section.  All in all a very expensive waste of time and effort for some foreign benefit scrounger to inspect his toys.

6 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

Would you do what they do? What a feckin' awful job.

1 hour ago, RIchard Britten said:

So the Royals don't have a massive staff of assistants and planners?  Again your extensive "knowledge" is as usual flimsy.

Met The Greek at Neatishead in 2002.  He was steered into the room, introduced the SEngO and then steered off again to next section.  All in all a very expensive waste of time and effort for some foreign benefit scrounger to inspect his toys.

You were happy enough to take the shilling though?

Archived