The violence of austerity

llap

19 minutes ago, llap said:

So taking away fuel allowance and allowing old people to freeze to death is not an act of violence?

It isn't a cost effective measure when paid to those who don't require it including millionaires. That is the kind of thing that really should be targeted only to those who need it.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

I am out of touch...What fuel allowance taken away?

It hasn't been taken away Barrie. Remember, you're on MF and we just make it up as we go along.

The Tories were going to means test it as per their election manifesto (which I think was written by Corbyn) but those fascist bastards at the DUP made them drop the idea as part of the confidence and supply deal.

So rest in peace Bazza, you can carry on toasting your tootsies.

9 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

So why should other people have to.pay for it?

Do you not believe in pitching in to help others who are less fortunate?  I agree with Wooley in regards to means testing.  Would you be happy with that or is it just a case of 'screw everyone who isn't me?'

9 hours ago, woolley said:

It hasn't been taken away Barrie. Remember, you're on MF and we just make it up as we go along.

The Tories were going to means test it as per their election manifesto (which I think was written by Corbyn) but those fascist bastards at the DUP made them drop the idea as part of the confidence and supply deal.

So rest in peace Bazza, you can carry on toasting your tootsies.

But Woolley gets it surely? Or does he pay it back?...I get £200 a year Winter Fool Allowance, plus £140 from E.on under the Warm Home Scheme and if it snows I get £25 a week..(No snow! Grrrr!)

2 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

But Woolley gets it surely? Or does he pay it back?...I get £200 a year Winter Fool Allowance, plus £140 from E.on under the Warm Home Scheme and if it snows I get £25 a week..(No snow! Grrrr!)

And I pay only £15 a week for my flat in sheltered housing...Peverell House 63 Arbour Lane Chelmsford just round the corner from the prison (Google Earth it!)...I am the one at the far left of the building on the first floor. Not far from the "local" the "Admiral J McHardy".... Oh! How I would rather be back on Windsor Road &/or Christian Road &/or Allan Street &/or 44/48 Murray's Road all in Douglas paying £80 a week for a room in a bug hutch!......Gee man! I just dig being retired on two pensions! (Was very surprised to get a Merchant Navy pension though. I had no idea I had paid in!)

38 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

How feckin' old do you think I am? There will be bugger all left when I get there. Worse still for those younger.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

How feckin' old do you think I am? There will be bugger all left when I get there. Worse still for those younger.

Nonsense.

Someone I correspond with is absolutely certain that Brexit and HS2 are going to transform the UK  into the Land of Milk and Honey where disgraceful slights on the population like a lack of housing, ill health and poverty will simply cease to exist.

Well, let's just say I agree with the "transform the UK" bit....

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Nonsense.

Someone I correspond with is absolutely certain that Brexit and HS2 are going to transform the UK  into the Land of Milk and Honey where disgraceful slights on the population like a lack of housing, ill health and poverty will simply cease to exist.

Well, let's just say I agree with the "transform the UK" bit....

At LEAST it will be an independent country which will live, die and be judged by its own actions rather than those of a supranational quasi-government, courts and bureaucracy with continental reach. If you don't like it you can get rid of the government. You can't get rid of Juncker and co.

4 minutes ago, woolley said:

At LEAST it will be an independent country which will live, die and be judged by its own actions rather than those of a supranational quasi-government, courts and bureaucracy with continental reach. If you don't like it you can get rid of the government. You can't get rid of Juncker and co.

Oh do come off it.

A nation can only be truly independent if it doesn't rely on things like trade with other nations.

And there we go full circle...

On the contrary. An independent nation can trade on its own terms rather than those dictated by the central bureaucracy. It's strange, isn't it, that we are told we need to be in the EU to facilitate trade, but if the EU didn't exist we could trade freely with all of the nations of Europe and also arrange our own trade with the rest of the world.

So this bastion of trade is actually an impediment to trade. It is actually nothing to do with trade. It is all about the lunatic, utopian ideas of peacenik, liberal globalists allied with those fellow travellers who have grown fat feasting at the trough. This is why we are seeing such a rearguard action from them all.

Oh look. I just reached my EU quota for the day. Enjoy the sunshine, PK.

Archived