The violence of austerity

llap

On 06/08/2017 at 0:11 AM, woolley said:

I think you are confusing me with Spook - don't know whether to laugh or cry! - which is in itself pretty spooky seeing I was only asking if anyone here knew him IRL a little while ago. No. Spooky had God in a big way and I fear he is going to be awfully disappointed come the day. If it hasn't come already seeing as he is so conspicuous by his absence.

Following up my own query here, but having seen this:

Spook · 5 hrs ago · Report

Redistribution of wealth by government action is theft.

I do believe that the IOMToday Spook is indeed our very own formerly of this parish. Exactly the kind of thing he would have posted here. Good to see the old buffer isn't dead!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I thought it was our spook but then he was pretty anti religion on one of the stories, I think about abortion, though it may have been living hope. Perhaps he has had a reverse epiphany

Spooky was 'anti ' any religion but his own ( 'Baptist' if memory serves) and advised that failure to have children baptised would mean they would be cast into the everlasting fire :) , a happy little soul who had an extensive property portfolio , let to DHSS tenants.

If that's one who would get through those pearly gates I'd opt for  with the 'everlasting fire':lol:

And as Barrie has noted, he decamped to Norfolk under the impression that the Island was in imminent danger of descent into Hades (whereas in reality that isn't until next year. ;) ). So has the wanderer returned to these shores and doesn't want to come back here with his tail between his legs?

6 hours ago, woolley said:

I do believe that the IOMToday Spook is indeed our very own formerly of this parish.

I don't know, woolley old son. The iomtoday poster doesn't come across as religious. The core views don't ring the same.

Some pertinent stuff on there sometimes. Remarkably... 

On 07/08/2017 at 10:38 AM, woolley said:

Indeed. Don't accept stereotypes, PK. Things are not always as "they" would have you believe. Some of us still create wealth, employ people, paying money into their bank accounts on a regular basis and we pay taxes for the services that society relies on. Not content with that some of us also give our time and expertise freely to the most desperate in society. We manage to care without having a screamingly liberal metropolitan outlook on life.

Sure, but you're not a charity, are you Woolster? Ultimately most of the above are for your own personal gain.

I recall that after one of your many rails against EU legislation I pointed out that it included the rights of employees to paid holiday.

I can still taste the bitterness in your response.....

20 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Sure, but you're not a charity, are you Woolster? Ultimately most of the above are for your own personal gain.

I recall that after one of your many rails against EU legislation I pointed out that it included the rights of employees to paid holiday.

I can still taste the bitterness in your response.....

Indeed.  When people talk about "wealth creators" you have to wonder who they are creating wealth for (big hint: its not for other people).

"paying money into their bank accounts on a regular basis " - do they doff their caps as well, to show how grateful they are for giving them money?

I also wonder how much of a tax claw back Woolster claims....

41 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Who of us on this site are PK but only up to a point , are you an exception?:flowers:

Some folk are happy to accept that they have enough whereas others are driven by greed to make more money than they could ever need  , others are motivated  by the challenge of the gamble(?) to succeed  and the the indicator ,for them , is the 'bottom line'.

I've been lucky, made a few quid , am comfy and do support some charitable organisations but am happy and hope to conk out before the money runs out:lol:

Edit to add:- I pay all the taxes demanded by the state and have never been in receipt of  government grants/ subsidies/handouts/ charity:flowers:

Archived