Anti-semitic loser Roger Waters (previously of Pink Floyd) makes fool of himself

llap

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Waters has had a huge chip on his shoulder for too long and he needs to get over it. He wasn't the only one to lose his dad in the war. He wrote some great music and lyrics a long time ago but disappeared up his own arse with stuff like The Wall. A comfortable middle class upbringing and multi-millionaire rock star lifestyle doesn't qualify you to tell ordinary kids that 'they don't need no education'. A lot of gullible people bought into the lyrics of that turgid piece of crap and took it as progressive gospel. There are too many leftie celebrities like Waters [Geldof's another] whose simplistic world views are tiresome bullshit.  

So between you and Woolster we have determined, if you are wealthy or famous, you can't discuss your opinions.

21 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

So between you and Woolster we have determined, if you are wealthy or famous, you can't discuss your opinions.

Mental. You know this is neither the case nor the reality. What's your point?  

12 hours ago, woolley said:

I find musicians or any other "celebrities" labouring under the misapprehension that their status as such means that others should give a toss about their political opinions totally laughable.

But no problem with ordinary people thinking that their membership of a forum means other people are interested in their political opinions. It's basically the same thing - you decide who you choose to listen to. 

2 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

No, I think we've determined that your opinion (by "your", I'm talking generally, not referring to you) is not worth listening to if you're a clueless buffoon who gets all your opinions spoon-fed to you by the mainstream media rather than by doing actual research or actually doing any substantive analysis of the situation. Waters may have been a good musician, long ago, but he's no more or less informed on world affairs than your average teenager.

7 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

No, I think we've determined that your opinion (by "your", I'm talking generally, not referring to you) is not worth listening to if you're a clueless buffoon who gets all your opinions spoon-fed to you by the mainstream media rather than by doing actual research or actually doing any substantive analysis of the situation. Waters may have been a good musician, long ago, but he's no more or less informed on world affairs than your average teenager.

But is he an anti-Semite?

50 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

But that's the whole point of a forum Declan. That's what it's for.

But it's also the whole point of whatever medium celebrities use to share their views. The forum is just one part of the ever growing chatterfest that began with the printing press. Just filter out those whose views you think are worthless. 

2 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

But his issue is with the Israeli Government and its various crimes, not with Judaism or Jews as a religious group.

So how exactly is he a judeophobe ?

What on earth do the blatant anti-semitic, judeophobic imagery and art at one of his recent live performances of "Animals" (specifically, pigs on a wing) have to do with the Israel Government and these imaginary crimes you just make up on the spot? I suggest you look it up and tell me with a straight face it isn't blatant racism against Jews. I'm also curious why he doesn't bleat on about the human rights violations and murder by Hamas and Fatah terrorist groups, or Saudi Arabia, or Islamic countries at all? He just entirely concerns himself with Israel, as if no other country in the middle east or the world is guilty of anything. There are only two things unique about the state of Israel: 1) it's Jewish and 2) it's the only democracy in the middle east. You tell me, Einstein, which of those two unique aspects about Israel is it that so engrosses the interest of Waters and other left-wing fruitloops, especially in light of their obvious affection for radical Islamist groups?

Archived