Charlottesville

RIchard Britten

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump defends 'beautiful' Confederate statues....family of famous Confederate general asks for statue to be removed because of what it represents and the kind of people it appeals to....how many times does the president want to be wrong on this one :lol:

news_and_politics/politics/2017/08/stonewall_jackson_s_grandsons_the_monuments_must_go.html

9 minutes ago, sausage said:

Trump defends 'beautiful' Confederate statues....family of famous Confederate general asks for statue to be removed because of what it represents and the kind of people it appeals to....how many times does the president want to be wrong on this one :lol:

news_and_politics/politics/2017/08/stonewall_jackson_s_grandsons_the_monuments_must_go.html

How is the president wrong? Just because a famous confederate general's family hold a particular view that doesn't make it any more valid. I despair. 

34 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Really? I thought you had that comprehensively covered!

This could go back and forth all night bobbo. Luckily for me i have decided to content myself that i am by dar the better person by not responding in kind, thus confirming my prior held belief that you are considerably more smug than me. 

Nice use of edit by the way

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

How is the president wrong? Just because a famous confederate general's family hold a particular view that doesn't make it any more valid. I despair. 

So you think he has handled the situation correctly ? I don't despair...I just realise there's no point highlighting his fuck ups and listing the long list of intelligent people who have openly came out to condemn him to someone like yourself....

10 minutes ago, sausage said:

So you think he has handled the situation correctly ? I don't despair...I just realise there's no point highlighting his fuck ups and listing the long list of intelligent people who have openly came out to condemn him to someone like yourself....

That isn't the example you gave, you gave a poor attempt at justifying why he was wrong. Which failed. 

Archived