Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

An article in today’s Sunday Times, where it is reported that Baroness Mone has hired a bodyguard because of threats and abuse. The IOM Constabulary are also aware of the threats and abuse, however, there will probably be a lot more if IOM Constabulary have provided her with taxpayer funded protection.

Threats and abuse but last week she was still driving around town is a totally ridiculous Rolls Royce Cullinan (a ludicrous vehicle) like she owned the place. She can’t feel that threatened. 

7 minutes ago, Radiolistner said:

Threats and abuse but last week she was still driving around town is a totally ridiculous Rolls Royce Cullinan (a ludicrous vehicle) like she owned the place. She can’t feel that threatened. 

Shows a total lack of commonsense too...any decent advisor would be advising a demonstrable low spend, low showy profile currently. 

3 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Shows a total lack of commonsense too...any decent advisor would be advising a demonstrable low spend, low showy profile currently. 

She can’t read the room, and adapt her behaviour. It’s like she’s rubbing her ‘wealth’ in peoples face. Hardly endearing herself in the court of public opinion. 

I doubt she would need protection over here it wasn’t our health service she screwed , I doubt she is on the Island much anyway and I don’t believe a Scot would put their hand in their pocket to the tune of £3000 a day for this top guy to organise protection.   This is a typical Daily Mail gutter press story.

18 hours ago, Radiolistner said:

How does someone drive ‘like they own the place’ ? Or was it just she was in a posh car? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steve_Christian said:

How does someone drive ‘like they own the place’ ? Or was it just she was in a posh car? 

Is it 'posh' or just a bit tacky?

It seems in order to be 'accepted' she must now drive around in a shitty old fiesta. 

2 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Is it 'posh' or just a bit tacky?

It seems in order to be 'accepted' she must now drive around in a shitty old fiesta. 

Agreed. I want to learn to drive ‘like I own the place’ so I’m interested to see the skills and behaviour required. Not sure my old Audi will draw enough attention though. Oh, and I don’t own the place. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Christian said:

Well, according to RR she'll have a certain air of "authority", whether that translates into owning the place could be open to debate:

image.thumb.png.2c2cf1d511a180a219c305be7df80d80.png

This might be worth another thread, but our little island is associated with another PPE scandal, with the case already lost in the US (appeal failed) and stories of the company owner having 'done a runner', assets in the Isle of Man frozen and a big old house in Port Soderick abandoned and now up for sale.

Gef ran with this, and the newspaper covered it briefly, but little else.  Then again, the owner always stayed close to government...