Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

23 hours ago, Steve_Christian said:

If you’re sure that I know that why did you comment and reply?

My post wasn’t meant to be taken seriously.  Ironically I’m in central London today and have seen several RRs, Ferraris, Lambos, and even a Bugatti Veron - and none of them drove like they owned the place. 

Then they probably do own the place.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, John Wright said:

If you own the place it’s your chauffeur who drives

That's interesting. I've probably lived a very sheltered life but I think I've only known, as in to talk to on first name terms known, maybe three seriously wealthy people. Its a small sample size but what they all had in common is that you wouldn't have known it. Until they invited you to their house when it was obvious that somebody somewhere had money. I remember one of them had a very expensive car that they liked to take out for a spin now and again but who generally drove round in a fairly beat up range rover. Whatever they were doing with their money, they weren't showing it off.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Expat. said:

That's interesting. I've probably lived a very sheltered life but I think I've only known, as in to talk to on first name terms known, maybe three seriously wealthy people. Its a small sample size but what they all had in common is that you wouldn't have known it. Until they invited you to their house when it was obvious that somebody somewhere had money. I remember one of them had a very expensive car that they liked to take out for a spin now and again but who generally drove round in a fairly beat up range rover. Whatever they were doing with their money, they weren't showing it off.

Gubay used to drive a beat up VW Golf and dress like a homeless person. I know a few other millionaires and billionaires you wouldn’t be able to tell are loaded. Not everyone is vulgar flashy new money driving Cuntinan rollers. 

9 hours ago, Amadeus said:

new money driving Cuntinan rollers. 

That's the key. 

I've seen it happen with clients, who have been relatively cool whilst quite wealthy, then a big deal has paid off, they've become absolutely minted and then pretty much turned into dickheads straightaway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kopek said:

Who but 'new money' would park their Roller on the pavement outside Port Jack Chip shop!!!

One of my former bosses was self-made new money, and had among other things, a Bentley, Ferrari, chavved-up Range Rover Sport, and you probably wouldn't want to sit next to him on a plane 😄

ScreenShot2024-06-27at14_59_04.png.46318686a8ce0237a7c33d58d517ac11.png