Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

28 minutes ago, timetraveler said:

The outside looks okay. It's the interior design and furniture that lets it all down and screams out "chav".

The outside is a bit odd.  I suppose it's meant to be like local mansions from 18-19th Centuries, but you'd normally never see that mixture of local stone with dressed stone corners.  Even if those were built like that, they would have been plastered afterwards.  And there are all those fake chimneys - most of would have been lost by now in a genuine building.  The interiors aren't exactly chavvy but they do seem to be 'trying too hard'.  But a lot of estate agents photos look like that, I suppose.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

A nice little article in the Mirror, about Baroness Money being devastated at having to cancel her wedding to Multi Millionaire Doug Barrowman, due to Coronavirus.

https://apple.news/ABC2veKr8RyWo_QKzJOy0mg

After all what’s going on both nationally, and internationally and here on Fraggle Rock, I would say living, surviving and not being affected by this horrible virus is a priority, than a showbizzy and celebrity strewn event. 

Im sure Skelly, Callister and the Starship Enterprise muppets, were probably upset at a loss of HNWIs to the Island, Maybe there was hope that the wedding could have been the islands society event of the year, and crumbs passed to the local community. Still in these uncertain times, I worry that this island will attract unsavoury HNWIs, or publicity hungry types which will reflect unfavourably on the island. After what’s going on, it really speaks volumes about people- and their attitudes in general. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

A nice little article in the Mirror, about Baroness Money being devastated at having to cancel her wedding to Multi Millionaire Doug Barrowman, due to Coronavirus.

After all what’s going on both nationally, and internationally and here on Fraggle Rock, I would say living, surviving and not being affected by this horrible virus is a priority, than a showbizzy and celebrity strewn event. 

Im sure Skelly, Callister and the Starship Enterprise muppets, were probably upset at a loss of HNWIs to the Island, Maybe there was hope that the wedding could have been the islands society event of the year, and crumbs passed to the local community. Still in these uncertain times, I worry that this island will attract unsavoury HNWIs, or publicity hungry types which will reflect unfavourably on the island. After what’s going on, it really speaks volumes about people- and their attitudes in general. 

what we need are more gubays then ?

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Well according to that Mirror article they were getting married in 'the chapel of the House of Lords', by which I assume she actually means St Mary Undercroft - which actually serves both Houses.  So there would be no crumbs available locally, financial, social or publicity wise.  And the £25 million mansion is still up for sale.

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Just the building of that house helped a lot of locals in work. A Manx firm were the main contractor and I was impressed how well they did. Why do people want to mock everything. This couple have put ££££s into our economy.

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

Just the building of that house helped a lot of locals in work. A Manx firm were the main contractor and I was impressed how well they did. Why do people want to mock everything. This couple have put ££££s into our economy.

Was there an underlying reason - tax maybe

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Where are they now? She lived here for all of two minutes. Perhaps she couldn’t find what she wanted from Dealz or the great shopping selection of Strand Street?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 2112 said:

Where are they now? She lived here for all of two minutes. Perhaps she couldn’t find what she wanted from Dealz or the great shopping selection of Strand Street?

Rather than asking where are they now, we should be asking why are they no longer here?

however, she was on TV the other morning talking about this, and it was shown as ‘Isle of Man’. So it looks like they are still here. And Michelle actually spoke knowledgeably and well about the business problems prevailing.

Remember this; like them or not, her and Doug came from nothing.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Rather than asking where are they now, we should be asking why are they no longer here?

however, she was on TV the other morning talking about this, and it was shown as ‘Isle of Man’. So it looks like they are still here. And Michelle actually spoke knowledgeably and well about the business problems prevailing.

Remember this; like them or not, her and Doug came from nothing.

Now, now Derek, everyone comes from something!