Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

24 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

I've chatted to her and her husband a couple of time in a wine bar / restaurant and they seemed fine. Didn't have any idea who she was until someone later told me

That's good. I was in Kizuna once when they were in and some people were practically foaming at the mouth and asking for pictures.

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

That's good. I was in Kizuna once when they were in and some people were practically foaming at the mouth and asking for pictures.

I would have been foaming at the mouth in a slightly different way 🤢🤮

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

She actually started the conversation, complimenting me on my staying power (I think our record there was seven and a half hours including lunch and dinner one day). I assumed it must be the blonde haired neighbour from a few doors down, but was told later it was Lady Lingerie. 

13 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

She actually started the conversation, complimenting me on my staying power (I think our record there was seven and a half hours including lunch and dinner one day). I assumed it must be the blonde haired neighbour from a few doors down, but was told later it was Lady Lingerie. 

Lady Lingerie complimenting you on your staying power but only on your eating habits. 🙄

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Johnson's possible PPE scandal rumbles on. A few mentions of the Isle of Man there. 

I’m not overkeen on the pair of them, but it’s getting to be rather tedious. Let’s try and claim a scalp. If there was real serious evidence, and potentially criminal offences, then plod would have done something. Embarrassing for the Island, but in the grand scheme, the island is that desperate and reliant on these HNWIs that they will put up with rumour, speculation and tittle tattle, if businesses are still surviving, creating and maintaining employment. If that stops then I’m sure IOMG will end their support,

The Guardian article has been posted on IOMNP Facebook page, lots of comments from the usual suspects. Clare Christian muses - I wonder who supplied IOMG PPE? Well instead of making pointless questions, perhaps she could have investigated, used her brains and influence, maybe those nice people at the DHSC and ManxCare will give her the information she seeks. She’s an MHK!  Maybe Clare Christian has the hump that she expects Michelle Mone to shop local and come into her shop and spend, spend and spend? 

I couldn’t care less if they provided IOMG PPE, personally I doubt very much they would have done. They are business people, not benevolent givers to the island. Like John Whittaker and Peel Holdings/Ports, does the island get any special treatment? Judging by the Liverpool Landing Stage fiasco I would suggest it doesn’t. They could have sold IOMG PPE which I am sure would be available via a FOI request. Perhaps others in the self righteous brigade want to dig within IOMG and demand who sold/supplied PPE to DHSC/ManxCare? It may turn out that it may be by some Mickey Mouse companies or some that have questionable or dubious practices, or some of the directors of the said suppliers may not come up to the exacting standards of some of noises on IOMNP Facebook page.

Yes there were some charlatans and chancers, but let’s face it, without the equipment there would have been more issues, and it was probably the lesser of two evils, and perhaps blind eyes turned. Perhaps a lesson to be learned is to make sure the island has a plentiful supply of PPE at all times kept in safe warehousing. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Yes, but the allegation is that the Fast Track lane for PPE contracts was actually detrimental to both the supply and unit cost of the equipment. Also in some instances the quality. That donors to the Conservative Party are so involved deserves public investigation, the sums involved are colossal. 

You raise valid and salient points, which I’m sure the Covid inquiry may investigate. Would it have been any different if it were Labour in Government with the responsibility of dealing with a pandemic? I think not, similar allegations would have been made. Neither party is whiter than white. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

The Guardian article has been posted on IOMNP Facebook page, lots of comments from the usual suspects. Clare Christian muses - I wonder who supplied IOMG PPE? Well instead of making pointless questions, perhaps she could have investigated, used her brains and influence, maybe those nice people at the DHSC and ManxCare will give her the information she seeks. She’s an MHK!  Maybe Clare Christian has the hump that she expects Michelle Mone to shop local and come into her shop and spend, spend and spend? 

I couldn’t care less if they provided IOMG PPE, personally I doubt very much they would have done. They are business people, not benevolent givers to the island. Like John Whittaker and Peel Holdings/Ports, does the island get any special treatment? Judging by the Liverpool Landing Stage fiasco I would suggest it doesn’t. They could have sold IOMG PPE which I am sure would be available via a FOI request. Perhaps others in the self righteous brigade want to dig within IOMG and demand who sold/supplied PPE to DHSC/ManxCare? It may turn out that it may be by some Mickey Mouse companies or some that have questionable or dubious practices, or some of the directors of the said suppliers may not come up to the exacting standards of some of noises on IOMNP Facebook page.

Yes there were some charlatans and chancers, but let’s face it, without the equipment there would have been more issues, and it was probably the lesser of two evils, and perhaps blind eyes turned. Perhaps a lesson to be learned is to make sure the island has a plentiful supply of PPE at all times kept in safe warehousing. 

Agreed but lets not forget The Rack

• Haha 6