Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

3 hours ago, manxchester said:

Very slow work day so thought I'd do a bit of digging. It would seem the building of schools is actually Barrowmans foundation making a donation to Action Aid who have used the money to build 8 schools...

God when is it 5 o'clock!

ACTIONAID

Over the past 4 years, Doug has been a major financial contributor towards the building of 8 schools in Africa; 7 of which are in Ethiopia and 1 in Ghana. As a result, over 3,500 children now have access to schooling and sanitary facilities. During 2017, Doug has pledged to get more involved with Actionaid going forward and to work with them on new projects.

Apart from the above charities, Doug regularly supports local charities on the Isle of Man, where he lives, ranging from Cancer Care to promoting sport in the community for young people.

Don't worry Doug.... only a few more minutes! 🤣

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Nah.  You're just wrong.

The point about Mone's odd phrase is that it doesn't make any sense unless you think white skins are superior to other sorts, in the way that saying someone was a 'waste of skin' or 'waste of breath' wouldn't do.  A black person using the equivalent phrase to another would also have racial implications - accusing someone of a lack of solidarity for instance - otherwise that wouldn't make any sense either.

The fact that she unknowingly aimed it at someone of mixed race is only telling in that she automatically assumed that anyone else in the circles she was mixing[1] would be white.  But the phrase would still be racist if the recipient had been white - though maybe less likely to be called out.  The fact that the Guardian (always keen to gatekeep) missed this point was also telling.

[1]  The row emerged from a fatal collision between two rich people's pleasure craft.  

Not all rich people are white, in fact there are probably more rich of other ethnic origins.  Not to say you are wrong, but just to point out a wrong preconception. 

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Not all rich people are white, in fact there are probably more rich of other ethnic origins.  Not to say you are wrong, but just to point out a wrong preconception. 

I referred to the "circles in which [Mone] was mixing" rather than all rich people anywhere in the World.  But indeed, it's really about her preconceptions rather than anyone else's.  And I suspect any non-white rich people in her circles will be seen as 'honorary whites'. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

I referred to the "circles in which [Mone] was mixing" rather than all rich people anywhere in the World.  But indeed, it's really about her preconceptions rather than anyone else's.  And I suspect any non-white rich people in her circles will be seen as 'honorary whites'. 

Quite, its amazing how money removes any racial distinctions. 

5 hours ago, The Phantom said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10378519/Michelle-Mone-personally-recommended-PPE-firm-set-husbands-employee.html

Seems the PPE Co is actually an IOM Co with sole director and shareholder the MD of Knox House (Doug's CSP).

It also seems to be in default at the Registry with no Annual Return submitted.... 

Yep I mentioned the same earlier, CEO of Knox group is a director of the iom and UK companies.  I imagine some kind of transfer of services to the iom branch, or wangled consultancy so profit can be booked here 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cissolt said:

Interesting that two of the directors of the UK company are Manx. Wonder if the iomfsa will be investigating?

Not sure the IOM FSA can investigate allegations outside the island's jurisdiction.  Going by what I've read in the local media recently, they also only seem to investigate etc locally regulated entities.  If so, PPEM are not licensed by the IOM FSA, according to their website.    

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

The fact that she unknowingly aimed it at someone of mixed race is only telling i

Could she 'unknowingly' refer to a skin colour? Or did you mean ' knowingly ''?

The reference to 'Brown Skin' would discriminate  between the various combinations black/white, brown/white, Yellow/white and indicate that the reference to skin colour was quite deliberate? Perhaps no more that a drunken Strand St confrontation?