Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

5 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I've met her several times when she's been sloshed. She's great in photos, average in person and when she opens her gob.. Jesus Mary Joseph and the little donkey, that's enough to clear a room.

My understanding is very much that she's lovely when you're saying yes or she's trying to get you to say yes, and downright nasty when you say no.

Which is how you get the £20m mansion and the Tory peerage, I guess.

11 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

My understanding is very much that she's lovely when you're saying yes or she's trying to get you to say yes, and downright nasty when you say no.

Which is how you get the £20m mansion and the Tory peerage, I guess.

She was in a bar I was in once and asking dumb drunk questions to people. I refused to answer and told her to mind her own business, she went stupid. Turned to Doug like 'who does this bloke think he is?'. He just looked at me and rolled his eyes. Poor bloke. (Not)

And it continues:

PPE the government bought for £122m from a company linked to the Tory peer Michelle Mone was purchased from the Chinese manufacturer for just £46m.

The extraordinary profits apparently made by PPE Medpro and its partners in the supply chain are revealed in documents leaked to the Guardian, including contracts and an inspection report for sterile surgical gowns supplied by the firm.

Despite being bought at the start of the pandemic and delivered in 2020, the 25m gowns were never used by the NHS after government officials rejected them following an inspection.

I do feel very, very slightly sorry for Mone (though we're talking at sub-atomic levels here) because you can't help wondering if the same schemes had been perpetrated by some Oxford chum of the political/media establishment whether they would have got the same scrutiny - there's enough examples in Private Eye and elsewhere.  But equally we know from Employment Tribunals that she and Barrowman have not always been seen as perfect employers by their staff and leaks are perhaps to be expected.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, cissolt said:

I don't think she has resigned as CEO of Knox.  Just as a Director of the PPE company.  Surprised she hasn't been dragged into this earlier, as I understand she's always been a co-director along with Mr Page 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 6:38 PM, Roger Mexico said:

And it continues:

PPE the government bought for £122m from a company linked to the Tory peer Michelle Mone was purchased from the Chinese manufacturer for just £46m.

The extraordinary profits apparently made by PPE Medpro and its partners in the supply chain are revealed in documents leaked to the Guardian, including contracts and an inspection report for sterile surgical gowns supplied by the firm.

Despite being bought at the start of the pandemic and delivered in 2020, the 25m gowns were never used by the NHS after government officials rejected them following an inspection.

I do feel very, very slightly sorry for Mone (though we're talking at sub-atomic levels here) because you can't help wondering if the same schemes had been perpetrated by some Oxford chum of the political/media establishment whether they would have got the same scrutiny - there's enough examples in Private Eye and elsewhere.  But equally we know from Employment Tribunals that she and Barrowman have not always been seen as perfect employers by their staff and leaks are perhaps to be expected.

It's class war.  She's 'common' and done good.   The Wail can't stand that and her specifically it seems. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...