Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Still not a squeak or a whisper from any of our politicos and leaders about this ongoing farrago. No one dares to. Mouths kept tightly shut despite it involving a wealthy celebrity resident with a multi-million Island property. Not much from the media either.

you mean the media who are based in the old knox office? 

i find the two and their flashy lifestyle repulsive.

16 hours ago, Jarndyce said:
19 hours ago, wrighty said:

If I earned millions from selling knickers I’d be delighted to give 20% of it to the government for the greater good. 

A sideline beckons, I think…

I’ve been reflecting on this idea today and I have a slogan ready, should wrighty decide to enter the knicker market:

“Wrighty’s Tighty Whiteys

20% of the profit goes to the Health Service

Buy a pair today…and show your support!”

Edited by Jarndyce
Spacing
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, WTF said:

being sentenced to time in prison and actually serving time in prison are not necessarily the same thing , especially when you have money and connections.

Exactly. Ronaldo walked out smiling after being similarly convicted on tax charges in Spain. They simply convert jail time to euros. There's probably even an official conversion rate.

56 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

What if Wrighty's Tighty Whiteys actually offered literal testicular support too? Like a wonderbra for balls?

Support the NHS and the family jewels.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, woolley said:

Exactly. Ronaldo walked out smiling after being similarly convicted on tax charges in Spain. They simply convert jail time to euros. There's probably even an official conversion rate.

It's more the way that suspended sentences work in Spanish judicial practice:

The Spanish Criminal Code authorises the Judge or Tribunal, which passed a sentence of imprisonment to suspend it for a certain term.

This usually applies in cases of up to 2 years.

The suspension of the sentence is based upon the condition that the convicted party does not commit a second offence within this term.

The requisites for this suspension are that the sentenced party has no prior criminal convictions.

The individual must have admitted to committing the offence and has repaired all damage caused and paid all compensation/liability (if applicable).

However, this principle, set out in article 80 of the Spanish Criminal Act, is by discretionary application to the Judge or Tribunal. It is not, as is commonly believed, an automatic right for the convicted party.

[...] Recently in Spain there have been cases concerning domestic violence whereby the convicted individual qualifies for a suspension of the sentence, as detailed above, however the Court have seen fit to deny the request for a suspended sentence.

Also, those convictions related to cronyism and bribes in public administrations, or cases of political corruption or non-payment of taxes, often lead to the Courts rejecting the suspension application.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

I’ve been reflecting on this idea today and I have a slogan ready, should wrighty decide to enter the knicker market:

Great plan, I’ll pitch it to The Dragons. I’ll get a baronetcy out of this, for sure. LegCo here I come 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, ADELE said:

So where did the money go to there must be a paper trail leading somewhere.

Boats, holidays, lavish parties and lifestyle, other offshore accounts and shell companies?