Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

6 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Where is it being aired?

It looks just online by reporter @mwilliamsthomas 

Poor mental health I’m on tablets and I don’t sleep blah, blah, blah. It’s all a conspiracy against me blah, blah, blah. I said some things to the press which weren’t true blah, blah, blah. Everyone on social media hates me blah, blah, blah. I’m just a poor working class girl from Glasgow blah, blah, blah. That’s about it.

Note the bit at the end about I told them that I wouldn’t be benefiting directly from any of this. She can’t even confirm that she hasn’t benefited. Just not directly

Edited by Cueey Lewis And The News

2 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Poor mental health I’m on tablets and I don’t sleep blah, blah, blah. It’s all a conspiracy against me blah, blah, blah. I said some things to the press which weren’t true blah, blah, blah. Everyone on social media hates me blah, blah, blah. I’m just a poor working class girl from Glasgow blah, blah, blah. That’s about it. 

See a doctor... 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, quilp said:

See a doctor... 

I don’t need to see a doctor that’s the summary of an hours worth of video for anyone who can’t be assed watching it.

35 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

I don’t need to see a doctor that’s the summary of an hours worth of video for anyone who can’t be assed watching it.

Thank you for your service.

• Haha 3

Interesting story from the Good Law Project in the Guardian:

PPE was on average 80% more expensive when the government bought it from firms referred through a special “VIP lane” by Conservative ministers, MPs and officials, new information has revealed.

The Good Law Project, which has long been investigating PPE deals during the Covid pandemic, said internal government documents showed that the unit price paid for items under VIP lane contracts was up to four times higher than average.

The organisation highlighted one example as being the cost of PPE delivered by Meller Designs, a fashion company at the time co-owned by the Tory donor David Meller, which was referred through the VIP lane by Michael Gove’s office. Meller Designs was awarded six PPE supply contracts worth £164m during the coronavirus pandemic.

In three of these contracts with Meller Designs, the government paid between 1.2 and 2.2 times the average unit price. The average price for medical gowns was £5.87 but the gowns bought from Meller Designs cost £12.64. About £8.46m worth of the equipment supplied by Meller Designs was later found to be not used in an NHS setting.

As I've said before Mone has a bit of a point about her being so publicly picked on because of her background, when there are plenty of other posher beneficiaries.  This is as much about the class biases in the media as anything though if you're going to live by the tit-photo you may end up dying by the tit-photo as well.  And it seems to be clear by her own admission that if she and Barrowman had been happy to 'pay off' the investigation it would have as quietly disappeared as has those into others.

• Like 2