Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

She looks very well and at least 20 years younger in these new photos so the suffering she has endured is not showing outwardly.    They may have a point when they say they were not the only ones who financially benefited from the PPE transactions if they have been offered the opportunity to ‘ pay off ‘ the investigation it may have been wiser to do just this compensation for faulty goods is paid all the time and it would have saved a lot of trauma for them.

16 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

As I've said before Mone has a bit of a point about her being so publicly picked on because of her background, when there are plenty of other posher beneficiaries

It has nothing to do with her background, and everything to do with her and her husbands- current and former- delightful habit of rubbing everyone else’s faces in it. All three of them are like that Fast Show character whose only line was “I am considerably richer than you”.

As for “paying off the investigation”, that’s what happens all the time when the argument is about snide goods. Luxury brands will go after counterfeiters all the time and will only push for prosecution if the accused can’t or won’t pay suitable compensation.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

It has nothing to do with her background, and everything to do with her and her husbands- current and former- delightful habit of rubbing everyone else’s faces in it. All three of them are like that Fast Show character whose only line was “I am considerably richer than you”.

As for “paying off the investigation”, that’s what happens all the time when the argument is about snide goods. Luxury brands will go after counterfeiters all the time and will only push for prosecution if the accused can’t or won’t pay suitable compensation.

It was more about the attitude of the media and how they were covering (or not) the whole topic that I was referring to.  Much easier to concentrate on those dreadful common upstarts than someone you were at school with or might bump into at the Club.  But if you're getting money by dodgy means, it shouldn't matter if you brag about or are discreet.

As for "paying the investigation off", while that's common is such commercial disputes, the injured party usually tries to get full compensation, not just a token amount.  When it's taxpayer money though, there's often a decision made to accept a much smaller settlement, so that a 'win' can be claimed and perhaps official incompetence ignored.  Mone and Barrowman's real offence is not to go along with this and insist on keeping all their winnings and saying "See you in Court".  They're not playing the game where they're allowed to keep most of it.

Rather like the recent Spake case, while they may be dreadful people they are performing a useful service by revealing how corrupt the system is.  That's why I linked to the story about the Good Law Project investigation which is now published on their website:

https://goodlawproject.org/vip-lane-contracts-inflated-by-925m/

On 12/10/2023 at 10:36 AM, Non-Believer said:

It's worth going back to the start of this thread to read some of the gushing adulation from the devout Mone disciples... 🤭

I stand by my statement that she has a cracking rack

ETA

Now Carol V is involved I will add this new statement.

They BOTH have cracking Racks

Who really cares about PPE with those two (4 maybe?)

Edited by Blade Runner
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

This Douglas Councillor is a loose cannon, maybe she'll think it is libelous seeing as there hasn't been an outcome yet. Probably worth chucking a few thousand in pocket change to find out 🤣

IMG-2578.jpg

It’s not like Doug doesn’t have form in suing the ass off people to protect his reputation. But as they say never sue a man of straw and I bet Devon even uses somebody else’s pot to piss in. But Doug may well think that Douglas Council is awash with cash and have a go. Then he’ll be yet another idiot councillor who through his own incompetence has dumped a load of crap onto the ratepayer. Again. 

1 hour ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

It’s not like Doug doesn’t have form in suing the ass off people to protect his reputation. But as they say never sue a man of straw and I bet Devon even uses somebody else’s pot to piss in. But Doug may well think that Douglas Council is awash with cash and have a go. Then he’ll be yet another idiot councillor who through his own incompetence has dumped a load of crap onto the ratepayer. Again. 

Is that a parody account? There's no way Devon Watson actually was stupid enough to post that, right?

4 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Is that a parody account? There's no way Devon Watson actually was stupid enough to post that, right?

No he actually posted that. He’s a total moron. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

This Douglas Councillor is a loose cannon, maybe she'll think it is libelous seeing as there hasn't been an outcome yet. Probably worth chucking a few thousand in pocket change to find out 🤣

IMG-2578.jpg

Not really.  They haven't really been successful in the libel courts and since they have tried to use the Courts to suppress things that were true (a law has since been passed to try to stop this), it could be argued that there's not much reputation to lose.  And likely any case would have to be heard in a Manx Court before a jury and in full publicity with them being cross-examined.  This might be embarrassing.

• Like 2