Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

8 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

To be honest, if Dougie asked for a bit of a whip around to help take the smug little leftie shit to the cleaners, I'd probably help out. 

The bloke is a clear liability for the Douglas ratepayers. He has no filter and thinks he’s 10x cleverer than he actually is. He’s the exact sort of squarky online gobshite that Barrowman would go for and as he’s worth about 25p I would imagine that the Council might be more than a little bit concerned about the potential blowback. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Don't you have to be careful about posting the statements here in case you are found to have published the libel also? 

I’m sure that anything that potentially impacts negatively on Douglas Council will be taken down for any completely spurious legal reason’s like that so don’t worry. Meanwhile in another thread people can call the CM a drunk driver and absolutely nothing will be done. You seem to be referring to the MF version of the law, not actual law law. 

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Don't you have to be careful about posting the statements here in case you are found to have published the libel also? 

I was thinking the same. I was under the impression that if you publish something you have to own it, even if you didn't create it.

I don't know but I know a man who does @John Wright

And...

https://rfblegal.co.uk/index.php/component/k2/item/380-how-to-handle-defamatory-content-on-the-internet-or-social-media

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Especially if the original was a general statement and you claim that it applies to a particular person.  That's more than just republishing.  Maybe Cueey should be worried.

In actual fact Mone and Barrowman are unlikely to sue on what are really general statements of invective rather than specific allegations.  If such a case ever got Court it would mean they could be quizzed on their entire life history.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Especially if the original was a general statement and you claim that it applies to a particular person.  That's more than just republishing.  Maybe Cueey should be worried.

In actual fact Mone and Barrowman are unlikely to sue on what are really general statements of invective rather than specific allegations.  If such a case ever got Court it would mean they could be quizzed on their entire life history.  

Quite, especially if when you quote it you refer to it as possibly being libellous.  I would have thought it would be tricky to argue that you considered it an honestly held opinion.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Especially if the original was a general statement and you claim that it applies to a particular person.  That's more than just republishing.  Maybe Cueey should be worried

Interesting…maybe we should be having a whip round for Cueey’s fighting fund…

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes a general statement saying they’re crooks attached to a re-tweet of a tweet of an article specifically about Mone and Barrowman. 

2 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Interesting…maybe we should be having a whip round for Cueey’s fighting fund…

I was waiting for the most sad pathetic irrelevant little twat on the forum to turn up in the thread. And you did.