Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

48 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

In actual fact Mone and Barrowman are unlikely to sue on what are really general statements of invective rather than specific allegations.  If such a case ever got Court it would mean they could be quizzed on their entire life history.

Indeed.

There have been a few people who are learning the hard way that libel trials are a great way of getting all your dirty laundry aired in public. James Dyson just lost a case against the Mirror and they’ve been gloating ever since, and over in Australia Bruce Lehrmann’s defamation trial is a slow-motion car crash.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

🍉 It's supposed to represent the Palestinian flag without putting the Palestinian flag. 

Started in 67 when Israel made waving Palestinian flags in Gaza and the West Bank illegal, so watermelons were used as they're the same colours.

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Especially if the original was a general statement and you claim that it applies to a particular person.  That's more than just republishing.  Maybe Cueey should be worried.

In actual fact Mone and Barrowman are unlikely to sue on what are really general statements of invective rather than specific allegations.  If such a case ever got Court it would mean they could be quizzed on their entire life history.  

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Quite, especially if when you quote it you refer to it as possibly being libellous.  I would have thought it would be tricky to argue that you considered it an honestly held opinion.  

Well, that was me then.

Doesn't scare me though, I have more money than them.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

It’s because Devon said it.

Of course it’s really only offshore/Cueey/Port Soderick who’s complaining.

Repeating lies doesn’t at any time make them true. Another sad forum parrot. And actually Slinky raised it not me. 

36 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It is completely fucking mental that people are having a go a Devon for saying out loud that they are crooks. What the fuck is wrong with you dicks? They are fucking crooks.

I've not really been following this very closely but as far as I can see UKG is alleging that the goods supplied were/are not up to the required quality as specified on the order. Although quite when UKG realised that the goods weren't up to the spec is perhaps another question.

I suspect that the PPE can be used (as opposed to being disposed of) but may be limited.

If the goods truly weren't up to spec at the time of delivery then any balance due to Medpro after arrival should have been withheld.

Are we getting the whole story? I suspect not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

I've not really been following this very closely 

The place to start is with David Conn https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/dec/09/revealed-the-full-inside-story-of-the-michelle-mone-ppe-scandal and there will obviously be more updated things seeing as that's now a year old. 

This pair of obvious spivs are not the only ones of course. The VIP lane was so insanely open to abuse it would almost make you think it was specifically designed for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Guardian has been sitting through the Mone 'interview' so we don't have to:

In a film paid for by the company, PPE Medpro, the producer and presenter, Mark Williams-Thomas, states that three criminal allegations are being made against Mone and her husband, Douglas Barrowman, as part of the [National Crime Agency] investigation.

“The NCA investigation into them both is in relation to allegations of conspiracy to defraud, fraud by false representation, and bribery, which they both categorically deny,” Williams-Thomas states. He says that he has been given “complete access” to the couple’s “criminal case files”.

So it looks as if criminal charges are at least threatened, though whether plausibly or not is another matter.

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The place to start is with David Conn https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/dec/09/revealed-the-full-inside-story-of-the-michelle-mone-ppe-scandal and there will obviously be more updated things seeing as that's now a year old. 

This pair of obvious spivs are not the only ones of course. The VIP lane was so insanely open to abuse it would almost make you think it was specifically designed for it.

So, according to the article:

That inspection appears to have taken place in China, before the gowns were then transported to the UK. The Guardian has seen a leaked 20-page report of an internal supply chain inspection apparently carried out before that, in late August, at a factory in China’s Jiangsu province.

the PPE was found to be defective but still UKG paid them. Why?

Don't know about you but I wouldn't have parted with a single penny on that basis. But someone in UKG (Treasury?) signed off on it.

I'm not defending the duo at all but as usual there are two sides to the story.

• Like 1