Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

43 minutes ago, HeliX said:

This is how to get the public on side actually. Bring all the bastards down with you.

I like how she's calling the Government corrupt. The Govt that made her a Lord representing their party. The Govt that allowed a "fast track" introduction route for PPE contracts to its Lords and MPs. An intrinsically corrupt process - that  she not only knew about but took advantage of. 

Edited by Declan
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

She is a proven liar for sure but I’ve not heard any accusations of racism about her.

14 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

It doesn’t paint her in a good light and I would in no way condone racist behaviour or statements.

But the key word in all this is accused of sending racist abusive messages for which she is not going to face any prosecution so I think we have to let due process take its course.
No doubt all the evidence has been considered and we have to respect the decision not to take any action on this.

As you said earlier she is now a proven liar so maybe she just managed to lie her way out of those older accusations? 

30 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

No comments from Sunak from her accusations regarding how much money he made out of his hedge funds huge investment into Moderna... 

Yes but would she be making any public allegations against Sunak or anyone else if she hadn’t ended up in the shit herself first? This is just going down and trying to take as many people with you because she clearly has no class and no other options left to her. Other than of course repaying the money which seems to be her least likely option ever. 

55 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

As you said earlier she is now a proven liar so maybe she just managed to lie her way out of those older accusations? 

No she paid £50k to settle the matter on a no blame basis. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/aug/08/tory-peer-michelle-mone-settles-libel-claim-for-more-than-50k

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Declan said:

I like how she's calling the Government corrupt. The Govt that made her a Lord representing their party. The Govt that allowed a "fast track" introduction route for PPE contracts to its Lords and MPs. An intrinsically corrupt process - that  she not only knew about but took advantage of. 

Well quite - but it doesn't mean she's wrong does it?   And inside information is always useful.  

6 hours ago, NoTail said:

I find that WhatsApp message Colombe has shared very odd indeed. 

Every country has different requirements.  Our team .....

As PPE Medpro did not exist how could it have a team? It had no contact with or involvement in other countries. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/island-based-directors-linked-to-122-million-uk-ppe-contract/

The company was only set up in May 2020 and given the contract in June 2020.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Declan said:

if she feels that way ,and hard done to give the £65 million she made  out of the deal back !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

And inside information is always useful.  

... but sometimes vindictive?

Michelle Mone is Chris Thomas and I claim my £5 from Thomas or £50,000 from Mone!!!

Don't forget the 40k for the domestic staff abuse, a Barrowman employees compensation for whistleblowing, the Med yacht incident and and.........  well, just being Scottish !!!

( sorry Jardyce).

5 hours ago, Kopek said:

... but sometimes vindictive?

Yes.  Wonderful isn't it?

But in the end it doesn't matter what someone's motives are.  If it means we are finding out what is being hidden from us, then that's a good thing.  And we have have to ask why so many mainstream journalists are so keen on exposing wrongdoing by one particular couple, but strangely silent on all those others enabled them or who also benefited from similar schemes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes.  Wonderful isn't it?

But in the end it doesn't matter what someone's motives are.  If it means we are finding out what is being hidden from us, then that's a good thing.  And we have have to ask why so many mainstream journalists are so keen on exposing wrongdoing by one particular couple, but strangely silent on all those others enabled them or who also benefited from similar schemes.

It relies on whether what she is saying is true or not, Sunak left the hedge fund she is alleging profited from the vaccine years ago. Plus of course she’s already admitted to being a liar. So it’s hardly firm ground to be making allegations from is it when you’ve just done an interview and admitted to lying as part of securing a contract. Personally I wouldn’t believe a word that comes out of her mouth because she is now a woman scorned just lashing out because she thinks she’s the actual victim when they made £65,000,000 from morally dubious activity and lying to hide her connection.