Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

Before he met Baroness Mone he was a private person as no one had really heard about him or knew about his business affairs. He was very much under the radar. Seems we all do now and very much curtesy of Baroness Mone. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Anyone said:

Before he met Baroness Mone he was a private person as no one had really heard about him or knew about his business affairs. He was very much under the radar. Seems we all do now and very much curtesy of Baroness Mone. 

Yes he has been placed into the public spotlight due to his wife.  I wonder how comfortable he is with this exposure to himself and his buisiness.  

8 hours ago, Anyone said:

Yeah.  Here is an article about Mr Low profile and doesn’t like the limelight Barrowman from 2007.

DOUG Barrowman is the guy who bought the biggest, plushest penthouse in No1, installed a hot-tub on the terrace and in three years reckons he has stayed there just over a dozen times. 

"It's fair to say that it has probably not been the best investment," he says with the wry smile of a successful Cheshire businessman. He has also had to fork out around é12,000 a year in management charges. 

It was used as a show apartment by developers Crosby, kitted out as a crystal palace in the sky with white leather sofas, glass tables, white chairs and a snowy white master bedroom and he bought it with everything included. 

But after deciding that the city pad should go he has just spent the last three months giving it a totally new look, including the installation of under floor heating and the very latest electronic gadgetry - major works on a place that has already set you back more than a million. 

Doug said: "I have tried to make the space more usable. It was designed for a specific moment in time but things have moved on and to get back my investment I felt I had to invest more!" 

So you can now do your e-mails from the sofa, watch your own choice of DVD on a screen in each room and the hot-tub has been taken out. 

He said: "Frankly it always felt chilly and I wanted to make it more warm and comfortable so we put down acres of carpets, voiles at the windows and installed a fireplace and just made it less like a fridge and more like a home!" 

So who does he think will be attracted to life in what is still the most iconic residential building in Manchester? "It may be a footballer wanting somewhere convenient with all the very latest toys but then again it is big, 3,000sq ft, and is more like a house so a family may want to come and live here," he says. "I just think it looks great now and you are nice and snug as you look out at the city below."

2 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

Yeah.  Here is an article about Mr Low profile and doesn’t like the limelight Barrowman from 2007.

DOUG Barrowman is the guy who bought the biggest, plushest penthouse in No1, installed a hot-tub on the terrace and in three years reckons he has stayed there just over a dozen times. 

"It's fair to say that it has probably not been the best investment," he says with the wry smile of a successful Cheshire businessman. He has also had to fork out around é12,000 a year in management charges. 

It was used as a show apartment by developers Crosby, kitted out as a crystal palace in the sky with white leather sofas, glass tables, white chairs and a snowy white master bedroom and he bought it with everything included. 

But after deciding that the city pad should go he has just spent the last three months giving it a totally new look, including the installation of under floor heating and the very latest electronic gadgetry - major works on a place that has already set you back more than a million. 

Doug said: "I have tried to make the space more usable. It was designed for a specific moment in time but things have moved on and to get back my investment I felt I had to invest more!" 

So you can now do your e-mails from the sofa, watch your own choice of DVD on a screen in each room and the hot-tub has been taken out. 

He said: "Frankly it always felt chilly and I wanted to make it more warm and comfortable so we put down acres of carpets, voiles at the windows and installed a fireplace and just made it less like a fridge and more like a home!" 

So who does he think will be attracted to life in what is still the most iconic residential building in Manchester? "It may be a footballer wanting somewhere convenient with all the very latest toys but then again it is big, 3,000sq ft, and is more like a house so a family may want to come and live here," he says. "I just think it looks great now and you are nice and smug as you look out at the city below."

fixed

8 hours ago, Anyone said:

As CrazyDave points out, Barrowman was perfectly happy with publicity when it suited him and a lot of the attention on him derives from others of his ventures, such as the tax/NI avoidance schemes that left so many of his ex-clients so badly off.  This all long predated his association with Mone.

So my heart is very far from bleeding for him. but if you read the actual press release that they put out[1] provided courtesy of Gef, it's very much The Worst Person You Know Just Made A Great Point.  Several in fact:

image.png.a5a74aba3746c378f2314c49967b2056.png

and:

image.png.45d414252e3d677cf587c7d745eb2ed9.png

and:

image.png.c1fb42962678703c17a904a08960cb94.png

image.png.afd4c25d73846c99ae18204c4cf0c973.png

Now of course Barrowman can't complain about the public 'directing their anger' against Mone and himself - it's fully deserved.  But it's also deserved against all the others who cynically benefited and those who enabled them and the whole corrupt political-media system that supports them and tries to suppress or ignore information that doesn't suit how they want things to go.

[1]  These people aren't stupid.  No news desert is as arid as 9am on New Year's Day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Anyone said:

What utter shit. 

• Like 1