Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

Although there are some beautiful opening shots on this one, you know things are dodgy when ex-plod the awful Mark Williams-Thomas is brought in:

19 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

But according to published sources the goods were inspected and certified(?) as meeting the terms of supply by UKG's own appointed inspection company whilst the goods were still in China!

That's how I've read it recently anyway.

I have zero sympathy for them but I do kind of see them being scapegoated a bit.

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Pretty much. 

She's not named as a benificiary of his Trust.  So means that she has no right to claim any benefit.  Of course she's married to him, so could in-directly benefit.  It's kinda like saying, does my wife (with her own job) benefit from my salary?  Or more accurately, from a one-off job I did for a contact/introduction of hers.  However there is some muddying of the waters, as there is the whole House of Lords VIP lane abuse issue, but really this is how business is often done.  Many of us will ask friends for recommendations if we need a job done.  It's just that as they are the HOL/Govt, they should probably be more accountable in such instances.  Also I saw a comment somewhere from them that Mone also had contacts in the garment manufacturing industry in China. 

The PPE itself was inspected and deemed up to spec prior to shipment/acceptance.  However my understanding is that the packaging was supposed to be 'triple bagged' and it wasn't.  But again this is a contractual thing.  Does it make it any less sterile really? 

I could be wrong but what I'd read and also seen in their own docusponsor was that there was no triple bag contractual obligation. It was just an advisory issued by email during the process and the goods were cleared by DHSC anyway?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the Daily Mail today apparently Doug has had a new yacht delivered, just a cool fifty millions worth.     So if he had just compensated the Government for the alleged faulty merchandise it wouldn’t have hurt too much and would have saved a lot of ongoing stress and embarrassment.    Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet.

1 hour ago, Fred the shred said:

In the Daily Mail today apparently Doug has had a new yacht delivered, just a cool fifty millions worth.     So if he had just compensated the Government for the alleged faulty merchandise it wouldn’t have hurt too much and would have saved a lot of ongoing stress and embarrassment.    Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet.

Nah, I'd have taken the Yacht as well, more fun.

c6ddb3549e53c5d36f0f5b0caf105789.gif

• Haha 1

Thing is there is a lot of corruption in the UK dressed up as cronyism ( as if that is not the same thing ). Problem is that those who could do something to stop or at least minimise that are the very people who benefit. Result , nothing ever changes other than the elite beneficiaries of what is in effect systemic corruption. Now and again examples will of course be made. Lord Cameron appears to emerged unscathed from his brush with the commercial world. It’s who you know in the end!

• Thanks 2