Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

Corn Crakes? Are you sure? Black Guillemots, yes, Peel harbour is a great place to see them!

Corn Crakes require soft moist areas................

Oh, yeah, see what you mean!!!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Just not very good with figures. 

Looks like it was also for sale at €7,950,000

Who know when it was valued at $11M?  Maybe on construction?

That ad is for an auction though hence why the starting bid of $5.5M.

It's notoriously difficult to sell big yachts though. 

I've got a feeling they might be selling as he has a new one.

4 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Looks like it was also for sale at €7,950,000

Who know when it was valued at $11M?  Maybe on construction?

That ad is for an auction though hence why the starting bid of $5.5M.

It's notoriously difficult to sell big yachts though. 

I've got a feeling they might be selling as he has a new one.

You, too, have missed the extra nought. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/24/2024 at 6:17 PM, Roger Mexico said:

That piece makes it clear that the whole exercise is just for propaganda purposes.  If Reeves and Labour were really serious about getting the money, the 'commissioner' would have some sort of legal powers to get the money back.  And they would have to be part of the legal system rather than reporting back to the Ministers.  Even if the role is only investigative, it should be independent if it is to be effective.

I can see why on the face of it you would have that view Roger.  However, it's far from unreasonable to suggest that the Conservative Government through their VIP Fast Track scheme alone, allowed some of their cronies to benefit from a slice of the £15b PPE pie?

I am certain that the Labour Government will be far more transparent on this subject than their predecessors, and if they use that to their advantage politically so be it. The Conservative Government have been very selective with what they have told the public, and very protective of their own during and post Covid. At least the ball has started rolling.

On 7/24/2024 at 6:17 PM, Roger Mexico said:

That piece makes it clear that the whole exercise is just for propaganda purposes.  If Reeves and Labour were really serious about getting the money, the 'commissioner' would have some sort of legal powers to get the money back.  And they would have to be part of the legal system rather than reporting back to the Ministers.  Even if the role is only investigative, it should be independent if it is to be effective.

That nice Keir Starmer was Director of Public Prosecutions and Head of the Crown Prosecution Service for five years so legally you would think he knows what he's doing.

It indicates to me that the start point is going to be the "Donors and cronies VIP lane to lots and lots of easy (public) money" as per their manifesto pledge.