Explosion On London Underground Train

La Colombe

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

Fun fact:

Last person to be arrested for convicted for planting a bomb on a train was a white guy from Cornwall (or possibly Devon) with mental health issues...

(I can hear the desks thumping from all the knee jerking on social media already).

If you think a mentally ill person planting a bomb is a "fun fact" then you are more disturbed than we thought.

2 hours ago, Declan said:

It's a sad day when Tarne's knee jerks slower than the US President's. 

Some dude got arrested for posting stuff about muslims, so I'm not going to say anything. The police would rather arrest me than a terrorist. 

17 minutes ago, Tarne said:

Some dude got arrested for posting stuff about muslims, so I'm not going to say anything. The police would rather arrest me than a terrorist. 

It's even worse than that. Somebody in Scotland got arrested last week for saying something mean about ISIS!!!!!!!  lmao.  Welcome to 1984.

3 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Let's not be silly here. There's a 95>% probability of it being a Muslim and <5% probability of it being a non-Muslim nutjob.

100% possibility of it being a nutjob. That's is the common theme / motivation with modern terrorism - it's people with strong opinions. Especially self-radicalised pseudo intellectual people with strong opinions. Especially online. Not nearly enough is being done to monitor people with strong and often conflicting opinions. Especially when they end up arguing with themselves.

Let's face it. Most of the problems in the world are caused by people with strong opinions.

Just now, pongo said:

100% possibility of it being a nutjob. That's is the common theme / motivation with modern terrorism - it's people with strong opinions. Especially self-radicalised pseudo intellectual people with strong opinions. Especially online. Not nearly enough is being done to monitor people with strong and often conflicting opinions. Especially when they end up arguing with themselves.

Let's face it. Most of the problems in the world are caused by people with strong opinions.

Can't say I disagree about nutjobs. Can't say I agree about "monitoring people with strong...opinions" --- do you work for the Thought Police????

3 hours ago, Aristotle said:

If you think a mentally ill person planting a bomb is a "fun fact" then you are more disturbed than we thought.

He has a way with words and soundbites as well as a way with reading a situation. It is evidently too painful to comprehend the reality of extremists committing acts of violence on our streets as a consequence of their particular observance of an alien religion to which we have no answer and no clue. It is far easier to wrap ourselves in the comfort blanket of them having "mental issues" that can be addressed and ameliorated.

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

I appreciate there are exceptions, but the average violent extremist does not have the brains of a rocking horse. There is a world of difference between having a tendency to violent extremism and having strong opinions.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

There is a world of difference between having a tendency to violent extremism and having strong opinions.

Troublemakers, the people who create problems, invariably express strong and often contrarian opinions. Very often this is a reaction against upbringing. And I suspect to do with their feeling of never quite fitting in. They don't belong to any particular group and can therefore very easily adopt a persona or a set of opinions. There was something which set them apart from their contemporaries as they were growing up. Or perhaps they existed between two or more groups. So they lacked a strong sense of identity.

I think that's also perhaps why converts are more dangerous than people born into a thing. Whether it's money, class, politics or religion. It's very important we know who we are and where we fit in and belong. Without having to think about it it or try.

People who know who they are don't typically create problems. Not on an internet forum, and not by planting bombs.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

He has a way with words and soundbites as well as a way with reading a situation. It is evidently too painful to comprehend the reality of extremists committing acts of violence on our streets as a consequence of their particular observance of an alien religion to which we have no answer and no clue. It is far easier to wrap ourselves in the comfort blanket of them having "mental issues" that can be addressed and ameliorated.

Let's be air to Rich-TARD though, nobody with a brain has any time  for his idiotic comments. He really needs to get a life and stop pretending hes' posting via a real name.

Archived