Catalonia

woolley

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, maynragh said:

Yes, that’s correct. In science everything is theory. This is just the strongest theory based on the evidence available at present. 

There has been enough genetic divergence  over the centuries to identify different backgrounds through DNA but they are pretty generic. 

On 10/10/2017 at 11:04 AM, Declan said:

A referendum can be unofficial or official. Binding or non-Binding. 

But illegal? 

Surely you accept the idea that a corporate body can act ultra vares. 

The Catalan government was acting beyond its statutory powers in spending tax payers’ money on a referendum. 

That could easily be seen as illegal and a fraudulent waste of tax payers money. 

Come off it Declan.

The referendum was illegal because it went against the Spanish Constitution. So the Court sent in The Guardia to deal with illegal activities just like it would with any other criminality. End of.

Now the referendum was a chaotic, violent shambles with 57% boycotting it because of it's illegality. So how Puigdemont and the rest can claim it gives them a mandate to proceed with secession is quite beyond me. It should be beyond everyone else as well!

Frankly Puigdemont is beginning to look like any other grubby little opportunist a la Farage, Johnson and Gove. I hope he get's arrested. Unfortunately I suspect he hopes so as well to help the situation run out of control.

Because that's what suits him....

For the record, I never said ... 

"More likely a convenient excuse for the Madrid Govt to uphold the law immorally crush the referendum."   

Woody has altered my post because he is a liar.  

He'll claim that adding "fixed" afterwards makes it alright. But that's because he's a liar and is justifying a liar's trick. 

1 hour ago, Declan said:
For the record, I never said ... 

"More likely a convenient excuse for the Madrid Govt to uphold the law immorally crush the referendum."   

Woody has altered my post because he is a liar.  

He'll claim that adding "fixed" afterwards makes it alright. But that's because he's a liar and is justifying a liar's trick. 

7 hours ago, woody2 said:

#fakenews

#getoverit

#moveon

5 hours ago, Mr. Sausages said:

:lol: /\

I have to say I find it quite odd and intriguing that nobody is prepared to discuss the fact that violence and oppression are the only ways we change our group boundaries. Clearly everyone is happy with that, other than perhaps Declan. Hmmm... sort of depressing. 

4 minutes ago, maynragh said:

I have to say I find it quite odd and intriguing that nobody is prepared to discuss the fact that violence and oppression are the only ways we change our group boundaries. Clearly everyone is happy with that, other than perhaps Declan. Hmmm... sort of depressing. 

Hmmmm have you considered the CBA facet of the above issue?

Archived