Catalonia

woolley

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I actually wrote a post explaining it but I didn't post. 

The Catalan residents in their referendums didn't vote for it, because it wasn't an official referendum

The Spanish people outside Catalonia had no say

Should cousin Dave at Raymotors decide he's had enough and Raymotors is it's own country now? Obviously not because they went bust but the idea is there

"EU warns, 'more cracks' in bloc as Spain dissolves Catalonia's parliament after it declares independence..." reads the headline in today's Daily Telegraph. Jean Claude Junker declaring, "[The EU] doesn't need any more cracks, more splits... we shouldn't insert ourselves into what is an internal debate for Spain, but I wouldn't want the EU to consist of 95 member states in the future."

Well of course he wouldn't. 

He says this because of the 'threat' to the EU's power-base monopoly. And an indication that the EU will defend Spain's rule over its regions, regardless. Cultural identity and separatism are anathema to Clunker and his dogs. Catalonia's fight for independence is seen as a grave threat to the EU status quo and its grip on power and influence. No matter what 16% of Spain's population who contribute a fifth to its economy, feel they deserve.

Catalonian's are not alone either, and their foray into the independence issue is feared for adding fuel to the cause of other separatist groups, of which there are many, throughout Europe. 

It is the biggest threat to the EU's perception of democracy and its role in Europe since Brexit.

How Spain and the EU react now, to this 'threat', will decide the future of the EU in its present form.

The thing that people gloss over is that Catalans can celebrate their own culture and so forth whilst still remaining part of Spain.

So why the secession?

My suspicion is a bunch of grubby little opportunists.....

1 hour ago, quilp said:

"EU warns, 'more cracks' in bloc as Spain dissolves Catalonia's parliament after it declares independence..." reads the headline in today's Daily Telegraph. Jean Claude Junker declaring, "[The EU] doesn't need any more cracks, more splits... we shouldn't insert ourselves into what is an internal debate for Spain, but I wouldn't want the EU to consist of 95 member states in the future."

Well of course he wouldn't. 

He says this because of the 'threat' to the EU's power-base monopoly. And an indication that the EU will defend Spain's rule over its regions, regardless. Cultural identity and separatism are anathema to Clunker and his dogs. Catalonia's fight for independence is seen as a grave threat to the EU status quo and its grip on power and influence. No matter what 16% of Spain's population who contribute a fifth to its economy, feel they deserve.

Catalonian's are not alone either, and their foray into the independence issue is feared for adding fuel to the cause of other separatist groups, of which there are many, throughout Europe. 

It is the biggest threat to the EU's perception of democracy and its role in Europe since Brexit.

How Spain and the EU react now, to this 'threat', will decide the future of the EU in its present form.

the EUSSR is goosed (sounds better than "FUCKED") and I get the feeling I may see the destruction of this monstrosity before I croak.i have watched over a 40 year period them taking over every aspect of European life and destroying peoples sovereign aspirations. NOW the people have had enough in some states and this will bring the house of cards tumbling,happy days.

Archived