Merkel take a kicking

woody2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The UK right-wing press, which is to say pretty much all of it, prefers to call the refugees 'migrants' for the simple reason that it makes them appear more of a threat to the simple-minded. Plus it re-inforces the xenophobic Brexit mindset. Not really surprised you've been taken in by it.

Some funny looking Syrians there! And wasn't the oldest unaccompanied "child" they found about 31 ?

The majority are economic migrants from all over Asia and Africa. This is established. Where have you been?

4 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Source?

Plenty of them are well over age. Are you doubting it? Do you think they play scrupulously by the rules? I can't substantiate the 31 but certainly not minors. Well into 20s.

ETA: Independent wet enough for you?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/child-refugees-migrants-two-thirds-home-office-dental-teeth-david-davies-a7369186.html

12 minutes ago, woolley said:

Some funny looking Syrians there! And wasn't the oldest unaccompanied "child" they found about 31 ?

The majority are economic migrants from all over Asia and Africa. This is established. Where have you been?

Not been reading The Daily Wail again have you? Because you're starting to sound very Dacre-like.

With it's recent history it's no surprise to the educated that Germany would respond by opening it's borders.

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Not been reading The Daily Wail again have you? Because you're starting to sound very Dacre-like.

With it's recent history it's no surprise to the educated that Germany would respond by opening it's borders.

Not since I was 8. And then it was just for Fred Basset. You folk never actually address the issues do you?

The educated! :D:D:D

6 minutes ago, woolley said:

Plenty of them are well over age. Are you doubting it? Do you think they play scrupulously by the rules? I can't substantiate the 31 but certainly not minors. Well into 20s.

ETA: Independent wet enough for you?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/child-refugees-migrants-two-thirds-home-office-dental-teeth-david-davies-a7369186.html

So retract your 31 years old claim or prove it.

1 minute ago, RIchard Britten said:

So retract your 31 years old claim or prove it.

It isn't the main point which I proved. Did you look at the link? I already said I couldn't substantiate the 31 precisely. I don't need to retract what I didn't assert in the first place. I posed it as a question originally because it was and is illustrative of the problem. 31, 25, 20 makes no difference. Two thirds of them weren't what they were supposed to be - children. They should have been back in their own countries.

27 minutes ago, woolley said:

It isn't the main point which I proved. Did you look at the link? I already said I couldn't substantiate the 31 precisely. I don't need to retract what I didn't assert in the first place. I posed it as a question originally because it was and is illustrative of the problem. 31, 25, 20 makes no difference. Two thirds of them weren't what they were supposed to be - children. They should have been back in their own countries.

But the bit you are ignoring is that a third were actually children.  Should we turn them away because others tried to chance their hand at a better life?

17 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

But the bit you are ignoring is that a third were actually children.  Should we turn them away because others tried to chance their hand at a better life?

Yes. Because if we don't, we simply encourage more on a perilous journey across continents, quite likely into the hands of the traffickers and possibly to their deaths.

2 minutes ago, woolley said:

Yes. Because if we don't, we simply encourage more on a perilous journey across continents, quite likely into the hands of the traffickers and possibly to their deaths.

Why am I surprise at such a stoney faced post, utterly devoid of basic human decency and kindness for your fellow man...

Oh wait, no I am not surprised in the slightest.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

Not since I was 8. And then it was just for Fred Basset. You folk never actually address the issues do you?

The educated! :D:D:D

By "you folk" I trust you mean those Liberal Extremists amongst us?

I have to confess my sense of humour can make it difficult for me to take some things seriously. And unlike many on here that includes myself...

54 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

So you don't think that 'children'  can be radicalised then,  Richard? Even real 'children'?

Mary Mary... 

Archived