Merkel take a kicking

woody2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Edward Boyes said:

Misinformation Mojomonkey

Merkel took the decision on her own without consulting with anybody because she is the dictator. Nobody else was asked. The MP's in the Bundestag do what they are told by their boss. Otherwise they will be removed from the candate list for the next election.

Of course, it's all a big conspiracy.

Mojomonkey - you are right. Just remember East Germany. There were elections, different parties, the claim to be a democracy. Obviously at the top they were united in a National Front and there was a politburo. In West Germany they were more sophisticated. No National Front and no politburo. But at the top everything comes together in one person. Right at the beginning, in 1949 the term Kanzlerdiktatur - Chancellor dictatorship was coined to describe this kind of regime. Not my words, quotes from the press at the time.

You have been fooled at school, at university, by the media. And it is a conspiracy. Otherwise you would not pay taxes to support this regime. Like in the 1930ies droves of Germans would flee the country. Does not look good and is not good for business either. You live a system called free range totalitarianism and your government will bleed you white. If you protest you will be labelled a Reichsburger, lose your job, be defamed as a dangerous terrorist, ostracised from society and maybe even imprisoned.  There are many videos on YouTube about the fate of these poor dissidents.

1 minute ago, Edward Boyes said:

Mojomonkey - you are right. Just remember East Germany. There were elections, different parties, the claim to be a democracy. Obviously at the top they were united in a National Front and there was a politburo. In West Germany they were more sophisticated. No National Front and no politburo. But at the top everything comes together in one person. Right at the beginning, in 1949 the term Kanzerdiktatur - Chancellor dictatorship was coined to describe this kind of regime. Not my words, quotes from the press at the time.

You have been fooled at school, at university, by the media. And it is a conspiracy. Otherwise you would not pay taxes to support this regime. Like in the 1930ies droves of Germans would flee the country. Does not look good and is not good for business either. You live a system called free range totalitarianism and your government will bleed you white. If you protest you will be labelled a Reichsburger, lose your job, be defamed as a dangerous terrorist, ostracised from society and maybe even imprisoned.  There are many videos on YouTube about the fate of these poor dissidents.

Ok, whatever you say.

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

At least now you can add "Lying Bastard" to your CV....

You do like your little triumphs don't you, PK, and who am I to deny you? You went back to February for this because you remembered you once drew my attention to him, and at the time it was evidently in my mind that there was something about Cameron.

I know he writes for the Mail because of the recent Cameron publicity. That is really all I know about him. Never read him as I said. Am I missing much?

As I said then (above), I know nothing about him and I've never read him. Unsurprising since I don't read the Mail. Astonishing as it may seem to you, neither do I remember your outpourings months later, unless they are particularly funny. However, if you say he writes in similar terms to myself, I would say that he is wasted writing for the Mail.

16 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

I'm not making any comment on the rights and wrongs of the decision but it was the Bundestag that made the decision. Merkel may have put forward the idea but she does not have the power on her own.

against eu treaties.....

and the vote came after......

14 hours ago, woolley said:

You do like your little triumphs don't you, PK, and who am I to deny you? You went back to February for this because you remembered you once drew my attention to him, and at the time it was evidently in my mind that there was something about Cameron.

I know he writes for the Mail because of the recent Cameron publicity. That is really all I know about him. Never read him as I said. Am I missing much?

As I said then (above), I know nothing about him and I've never read him. Unsurprising since I don't read the Mail. Astonishing as it may seem to you, neither do I remember your outpourings months later, unless they are particularly funny. However, if you say he writes in similar terms to myself, I would say that he is wasted writing for the Mail.

Not a "little trumph" as you somewhat strangely put it. Just my little joke, that's all.

Interesting take on Dacre and his appalling rag by James O'Brien. Worth a few moments:

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/culture/media/james-obrien/

Well that appears to be another professional rant merchant slagging off others for having opinions. I dislike these people who make a handy living out of being shocked and appalled while actually achieving nothing themselves. Always easy to jeer from the sidelines.

I looked for some writing by Dacre online but the first two pages of Google seem to be just others criticising him, so I'm no further on really. Genuinely, I have never read him, so if you can link to any of his work, I will take a look and give an opinion.

3 hours ago, woolley said:

Well that appears to be another professional rant merchant slagging off others for having opinions. I dislike these people who make a handy living out of being shocked and appalled while actually achieving nothing themselves. Always easy to jeer from the sidelines.

I looked for some writing by Dacre online but the first two pages of Google seem to be just others criticising him, so I'm no further on really. Genuinely, I have never read him, so if you can link to any of his work, I will take a look and give an opinion.

Just look at the headline of the Daily Wail now and again. Painfull I know but that will tell you all you need to know about Dacre.....

O'Brien sometimes heads up "Newsnight" which is the flagship program from that nest of communist vipers that is BBC News. You know, the most trusted news source on the planet.

It does make me smile the way the left-wingers claim it's output is right-bias and the right-wingers claim it's output has a left-bias because they just can't see around their own prejudices.

Of course, the Liberal Extremists think the BBC don't report enough on hand-wringing....

Archived