Kurdistan

Tibet

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

...Zbigniew Brzezinski...

But his vociferious and very public opposition to GW1 might contradict the claim that he concocted a plan for pitting the tribes against each other to destabalise the area. He knew the long-term consequences of creating seething arab resentment. Though he might've severely underestimated the nightmare that this 'resentment' was to become.

There's an extensive and detailed account of the ebb and flow of tribal rivalries and conflict in the Middle East giving some insight into the origins and thinking of the protagonists. It's called the Old Testament. It doesn't matter a jot that it predates the coming of Christianity, Islam and oil, the mindset is the same. This is a region where internecine tribal conflict is endemic. Just read the OT and then imagine the protagonists armed with AK47s, RPGs and IEDs. Voila. 2017.

8 hours ago, Aristotle said:

I take it you’ve never read a European history book if you think “internecine tribal conflict” is endemic only to the Middle East.

I have read many European history books - and nor did I make any claim, or inference, that what I described was confined only to the Middle East. I have however concluded that you are an argumentative twat, or perhaps simply just a stupid cunt.

5 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I have read many European history books - and nor did I make any claim, or inference, that what I described was confined only to the Middle East. I have however concluded that you are an argumentative twat, or perhaps simply just a stupid cunt.

Your entire post was saying it was a uniquely Middle Eastern phenomenon, with some idiotic reference to the Old Testament. 

5 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Your entire post was saying it was a uniquely Middle Eastern phenomenon, with some idiotic reference to the Old Testament. 

It said nothing of the kind. You've confirmed my second prognosis.

Uhtred simply said the OT provides a good description of the tribal attitudes of the Middle East today. 

He did not say anything about the behaviour or history being unique.

As ever he-of-multiple-accounts has massively over-reached and is now into dismissing other points of view as idiotic... Some things never change, on both MF as well as in the ME. 

So you’re blaming Jews and their ownership of an area of land (which is undisputed according to the Islamic religion) for all the contemporary problems in the Middle East . I suggest the Quran would be a better book to read for understanding why the Middle East is the source of so much hate in the world. To suggest the Old Testament is an explanation is laughable. 

11 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Your post clearly makes a case for the Middle East being unique and backward relative to Europe, even though Europe only recently started two world wars.

No it doesn't it says the bible describes well the current situation. Nothing more. 

Archived