The State of the UK Economy and the BREXIT Scare

Edward Boyes

They did woody but that was predicated on us staying in the EU. They've not really been that forthcoming on whether it has dropped too far.

€ Vs £ is mostly down to the ecb interference.....

We'll see when brexit happens. With those ever so inconvenient tariffs, the £ will probably have to drop further to keep us competitive. Any guess how low? 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, ballaughbiker said:

They did woody but that was predicated on us staying in the EU. They've not really been that forthcoming on whether it has dropped too far.

We'll see when brexit happens. With those ever so inconvenient tariffs, the £ will probably have to drop further to keep us competitive. Any guess how low? 

we are still in the eu:lol:

Now waiting for someone to allege it was overvalued

and the imf did.....

its the sell rate which is more interesting €1.30 to the pound;) and sales went up by 0.5% in june.....

lets see what pushing up the interest rates will do, hopefully up to 5% over the next few months......

32 minutes ago, woody2 said:

when? eu council nominated him......

He was elected to be a serving politician by the people of Luxembourg, I'm not au fait with the precise dates. Yes, he was elected to his position to the EU by those in the EU but is that really any different to May or many other political leaders?

38 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

He was elected to be a serving politician by the people of Luxembourg, I'm not au fait with the precise dates. Yes, he was elected to his position to the EU by those in the EU but is that really any different to May or many other political leaders?

Very different. But of course that swings on whether you are happy to see supranational organisations and politicians who were elected by voters in other countries, or foreign officials appointed in other countries exercising authority over the institutions and elected politicians of individual nations who you can vote out in an election. I am not happy with that and it has always been the basis of my antipathy to the EU, aside from the waste and pointlessness of it all, of course. I see Juncker as having no democratic legitimacy whatsoever.

we are still in the eu:lol:

Yep that is a fact and why I went on to say we'll see when brexit happens. However the IMF opinion was made before the vote (as you said) and the cliff edge drop happened just after the vote. Are you saying the currency devaluation had nothing to do with the vote?

52 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Yep that is a fact and why I went on to say we'll see when brexit happens. However the IMF opinion was made before the vote (as you said) and the cliff edge drop happened just after the vote. Are you saying the currency devaluation had nothing to do with the vote?

so no need to allege it was overvalued before the vote because the imf stated it was....

Now waiting for someone to allege it was overvalued

you are only looking at the buy rate not the sell rate, no currency devaluation has happened +/- 2%

3 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

He was elected to be a serving politician by the people of Luxembourg,

he stood down from the role, he resigned after a no confidence debate in 2013, he is unelected by the people, another failed politician on the unelected gravy train....

it is completely different case to may who stands as a elected mp.....

40 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

So not good for exporters then?

it makes buying from the uk cheaper which is why exports are up (as already posted) but when the uk company comes to sell the euros they get more pounds back, so no loss ( +/- 2%)

Archived