50 dead in non terror attack

1 minute ago, mojomonkey said:

My comment was firmly tongue in cheek. It is amusing though how overly right wing people seem to label the BBC as left wing and the opposite left wing people seem to label it as right wing. Increasingly I believe people are more and more intolerant of anyone holding an opposing view and simply label anyone or anything that doesn't seemingly subscribe to their own viewpoint. I'm talking generally here and not accusing anyone on here specifically.

The BBC isn't left or right wing (as has been said ten million times, these are a false dichotomy), the BBC is pro-establishment.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

My comment was firmly tongue in cheek. It is amusing though how overly right wing people seem to label the BBC as left wing and the opposite left wing people seem to label it as right wing. Increasingly I believe people are more and more intolerant of anyone holding an opposing view and simply label anyone or anything that doesn't seemingly subscribe to their own viewpoint. I'm talking generally here and not accusing anyone on here specifically.

They just can't see around their own prejudices. Simple as.

Naturally the Liberal Extremists complain the BBC doesn't do enough reporting on hand-wringing.....

Ah the "American Shooter" scenario raises it head again with the less than unexpected "but if everyone was armed" response...

Which I will destroy (once again, with no effort at all):

• Shooter in concealed and elevated position begins firing on unsuspecting crowd.  People start falling from his effective fire.
  • Person A hears the shots and  draws his legal concealed weapon, realising that he and those around him are under fire
  • Person B sees Person A draw his weapon, as well as hearing gunfire and seeing people fall from fire, assumes Person A is involved.
  • Person B draws his legal concealed weapon. 
  • Person A potentially realises the shooter is in the Mandalay and starts ineffectively firing a pistol at a target upwards of 300-400 meters away.
  • Person B thinks Person A is the shooter and begins to shoot at Person A.
  • Person C sees Person A and Person B shooting, etc etc etc

To quote Men in Black "A person is smart, people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."  Give them firearms and watch the carnage ensue.

10 minutes ago, Dale Cooper FBI said:

It's rather pathetic of the Guardian to be exploiting a tragedy like this to push a political, partisan agenda. A very biased and silly article.

You already replied to that post.

On 10/4/2017 at 0:27 PM, RIchard Britten said:

I see the standards of empathy are at an all time MF low as usual...

Yep, mine are low simply because it's a problem that can be fixed easily but they won't fix it, so it'll keep happening. Russell Howard did a great bit the other night on it that summed up the situation perfectly. (Though the audience laughing like morons was a bit off putting) 

Trump's the fucking president of the United States, why is he calling on the magic man in the sky to fix this? Urg, it makes me angry, and then I realise we can't even make the Isle of Man non religious and I give up and go back to apathy. 

4 minutes ago, Tarne said:

Yep, mine are low simply because it's a problem that can be fixed easily but they won't fix it, so it'll keep happening. Russell Howard did a great bit the other night on it that summed up the situation perfectly. (Though the audience laughing like morons was a bit off putting) 

Trump's the fucking president of the United States, why is he calling on the magic man in the sky to fix this? Urg, it makes me angry, and then I realise we can't even make the Isle of Man non religious and I give up and go back to apathy. 

Trump (and the republicans) are so deep into the NRAs money that it doesn't matter who gets killed or how many, nothing will change.

Archived