Liverpool Arms Closes

Non-Believer

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Things had to come to a Head eventually. But it leaves a Bitter taste. I guess someone had to call time on the Brewery's intransigence. 

These pubs that are beyond walking distance will always find it difficult unless they offer something that its work driving for. Neither the Waterfall nor the LA did. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good either.

The Waterfall was certainly worth driving for. 
Did it many times for the excellent food. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

These pubs that are beyond walking distance will always find it difficult unless they offer something that its work driving for. Neither the Waterfall nor the LA did. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that good either.

It's all over now. People should get over it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, forestboy said:

The Waterfall was certainly worth driving for. 
Did it many times for the excellent food. 

Sadly not the view of enough people though. Yes it was good for a time but then reality kicked in and it was clearly struggling at rue end. 

Very sad for both places, but life goes on as @Observersays.

3 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

It'll be a wreck inside now after all these years in the dead hand of the brewery's covenant. I thought Alf was going to get a grip of planning regulations ? This has been yet another Manx disgrace. The Britannia in Ramsey still stands empty too; damp, rotten, cold and infested with rodents after ten years.

Also the pub in Port St Mary (name escapes me) - though ir has a For Sale sign up

2 minutes ago, Cinderella said:

The Waterfall is a loss- nothing now along that stretch of coast (the most beautiful in the island IMHO) and with good food and selective hours, could be a destination 

There is a detonation that does exactly that a couple of miles up the road with infinitely better views.

The Niarbyl. There is never anyone there so why would The Waterfall be any different.

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

There is a detonation that does exactly that a couple of miles up the road with infinitely better views.

The Niarbyl. There is never anyone there so why would The Waterfall be any different.

From memory, that is a cafe. But thank you for the reminder and will pencil in a visit

Just now, finlo said:

download (33).jpeg

Recent surgery and still recovering.  Eye

5 minutes ago, Cinderella said:

From memory, that is a cafe. But thank you for the reminder and will pencil in a visit

It’s a licensed cafe/restaurant with excellent food, but because it’s out of town people don’t go as they want a drink.

The Waterfall would be exactly the same

43 minutes ago, Banker said:

The Bay View, it’s got planning permission for housing so not sure what delays are

Isn't the Bay in Port Erin rather than Port St Mary?

I had an idea that Bushy's used to run in it - but I think it changed hands as it was pretty grim when I visited about 5 years ago. Seems like a good location for a food place but not a great place for apartments.