Change Afoot In Saudi Arabia

La Colombe

17 hours ago, llap said:

There's plenty of supporting evidence in the Hadith, showing Taqiyya applies universally as these date back prior to the Sunni-Shia schism and relate to believers vs non-believers. Your argument that it applies exclusively to a Sunni-Shia context makes no sense, as the two don't consider each other to be Muslim.

Care to back your claim up with any references or are you referencing yourself as usual?

Richard, it's a real conundrum for me when I get the impression you're a staunch atheist yet fall over backwards to defend a deadly supremacist ideology and mystical belief structure at the first inkling.

Proper contradictory so y'are... 

Richard strikes me as one of those naive people who are smart enough to know religion is a load of BS, but hasn't studied history beyond the superficial level, so genuinely thinks they're all morally equivalent and to be treated as a singular phenomenon with equal disdain. On a certain level, he's right to treat them with equal disdain, but they're not all morally equivalent or an equal threat to western civilisation.

38 minutes ago, quilp said:

Richard, it's a real conundrum for me when I get the impression you're a staunch atheist yet fall over backwards to defend a deadly supremacist ideology and mystical belief structure at the first inkling.

Proper contradictory so y'are... 

They are all just as bad as each other.  I prefer to put them all down equally as opposed to focusing on one specific religion.

Archived