100 Years Since The Bolshevik Revolution

pongo

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russia prior to the Revolution wasn't an absolutist monarchy by any means and the country was as technologically advanced as Britain. The Revolution wasn't an organic, grassroots uprising but an artificial coup funded and advanced from outside of Russia. The history of the country prior to the Revolution is grossly distorted by Soviet propaganda. I'd suggest the Russian people of the day were in no worse condition than the British people.

34 minutes ago, llap said:

Russia prior to the Revolution wasn't an absolutist monarchy by any means and the country was as technologically advanced as Britain. The Revolution wasn't an organic, grassroots uprising but an artificial coup funded and advanced from outside of Russia. The history of the country prior to the Revolution is grossly distorted by Soviet propaganda. I'd suggest the Russian people of the day were in no worse condition than the British people.

I beg to differ. My maternal grandparents and several other relations lived under Tsarist rules. I prefer first hand accounts. 

Archived