Not before time

Neil Down

2 hours ago, llap said:

I wonder how much money they'd be paid if the BBC were operating as a private business in a free market.

Can't say I'd be bothered if most of them went on a permanent walkout.

At least as much, if not more. Surprisingly there is a free market TJ, haven't you heard of ITV, Channel 5 and sky.

8 hours ago, John Wright said:

At least as much, if not more. Surprisingly there is a free market TJ, haven't you heard of ITV, Channel 5 and sky.

It’s not really a free market when people are forced by law to pay your organisation and only your organisation even though they don’t use your services. Anyway, they don’t get a penny off me. 

16 minutes ago, llap said:

It’s not really a free market when people are forced by law to pay your organisation and only your organisation even though they don’t use your services. Anyway, they don’t get a penny off me. 

Watched Blue Planet 2 last night.

Aunty Beeb really is worth every penny!

40 minutes ago, llap said:

you don't ever watch freeview or listen to the radio..... 

No one is forced to pay, unless you use a TV for live service. That's different to ITV where we all pay extra for items that are advertised.

The BBC licence fee is worth it for radio, world service, and some truly great programming.

it costs for a year what many people spend on sky for a month.

the fee also covers broadcast infrastructure, transmitters etc which are used by other broadcasters.

i understand we can't turn the clock back, but a TV system and radio system consisting of BBC only would be infinitely preferable to sky, itv, Ch5 etc.

I don't watch any television personally but I think the other channels are even worse than the BBC channels.

At least on the BBC, you don't have to put up with five minutes of advertisements every five minutes.

David Attenborough aside, though, I don't think the BBC have come out with anything good for a very long time.

2 minutes ago, Tibet said:

I don't watch any television personally but I think the other channels are even worse than the BBC channels.

At least on the BBC, you don't have to put up with five minutes of advertisements every five minutes.

David Attenborough aside, though, I don't think the BBC have come out with anything good for a very long time.

How can you know if you never watch it?

15 hours ago, Tarne said:

I just can't believe how much they get paid anyway. 

Neither can I, just glad they are now paying the correct amount of tax instead of hiding behind "companies" and paying minimal amounts

1 hour ago, Tibet said:

I beg to differ.

Their current affairs offering "Panorama" is sometimes worth watching....

Archived