only in germany

woody2

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

No it is not. all nations have their extremists and nutters, and Germany is no different. But most Germans with a brain are ashamed.

Of what? Most weren't even alive. It's precisely this sort of idiotic projection of collective guilt towards an entire nation or people which led to the Holocaust in the first place.

2 minutes ago, llap said:

Of what? Most weren't even alive. It's precisely this sort of idiotic projection of collective guilt towards an entire nation or people which led to the Holocaust in the first place.

My posts are based on what our best friends tell us. They are German.

What are your views based on apart from hate.

Just now, dilligaf said:

"I'm friends with Germans, therefore I know more about Germany than you...."

That's weak. My views are based on having a brain.  

6 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

The rise of the AFD is not an encouraging sign. I am 100% certain you will not have read their manifesto or have any real knowledge of their actual policies.

I think it's very encouraging to see the resurgence of conservatism (aka common sense) in Germany.

2 minutes ago, llap said:
6 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

"I'm friends with Germans, therefore I know more about Germany than you...."

That's weak. My views are based on having a brain.  

10 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

The rise of the AFD is not an encouraging sign. I am 100% certain you will not have read their manifesto or have any real knowledge of their actual policies.

I think it's very encouraging to see the resurgence of conservatism (aka common sense) in Germany.

So, have you been there often and spoke to many German people ?

No, thought not.

Your brain is split into so many different characters and personalities, it's a great wonder it can function at all.

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I don’t believe that his views are based on hatred. It’s simply that he is fundamentally contrarian. He will always take the opposite perspective and find or twist bogus intellectual arguments to support whatever he has decided to believe.  All of his various logins exhibit the same arrogant behaviour. Presumably symptomatic. But he does not actually believe in anything.

4 minutes ago, llap said:

That is an incredibly naive view of the AFD. As this a thread about Anne Frank, I take it you are aware of the AFD's anti-Semitic tendancies? 

28 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Not true.

Todays Germans are very ashamed of what went on in the past. This is a mark of respect for Anne Frank and should not be mocked.

I'd agree with that, having lived there some years. A kind of misguided not well thought through penitance though.

13 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

That is an incredibly naive view of the AFD. As this a thread about Anne Frank, I take it you are aware of the AFD's anti-Semitic tendancies? 

Llap wears so many different fucking hats, that it is little wonder he has a sore neck. Don't get a life. Choose ONE.

32 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Llap wears so many different fucking hats, that it is little wonder he has a sore neck. Don't get a life. Choose ONE.

He's proved time after time he comes on here just to argue, with little to no facts to back himself up.

53 minutes ago, pongo said:

I don’t believe that his views are based on hatred. It’s simply that he is fundamentally contrarian. He will always take the opposite perspective and find or twist bogus intellectual arguments to support whatever he has decided to believe.  All of his various logins exhibit the same arrogant behaviour. Presumably symptomatic. But he does not actually believe in anything.

Nonsense. I am very consistent and lucid in my views and I challenge you to provide any evidence to the contrary. Sometimes people are unable to see how I reconcile certain views which they feel are contradictory but this is down to their own lack of understanding rather than contradiction or lack of consistency on my part. Suggesting I don’t believe in anything is utterly ridiculous. 

To answer mojo or dili, my view is informed by having studied German history right up to Merkel. I’ve been researching the Holocaust and the Third Reich since before I was five. I think my support for the Jewish people and concern for their welfare has been pretty consistent since I joined this forum and you’re seeing it here in my view on this thread. I’m concerned for the well-being of German Jewry.

3 minutes ago, llap said:

To answer mojo or dili, my view is informed by having studied German history right up to Merkel. I’ve been researching the Holocaust and the Third Reich since before I was five. I think my support for the Jewish people and concern for their welfare has been pretty consistent since I joined this forum and you’re seeing it here in my view on this thread. I’m concerned for the well-being of German Jewry.

That makes supporting the rise of the AFD even more bizarre. They have proven anti-Semites in their elite ranks.

Notwithstanding that, I fully support people being aware of the atrocities I'd the Third Reich and the Holocaust but in my book that isn't something a five year old should know anything about.

4 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

That makes supporting the rise of the AFD even more bizarre. They have proven anti-Semites in their elite ranks.

Notwithstanding that, I fully support people being aware of the atrocities I'd the Third Reich and the Holocaust but in my book that isn't something a five year old should know anything about.

I think Llap likes to ignore how the German people feel about the people  he says he has researched since he was 5 years old. What history tells you is important, but how comtemporary Germans feel about that is far more important.

34 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

As a five-year-old my Ma took me to the old Waxworks on Nelson Street (?) on a number of occasions to see the Chamber of Horrors which mainly featured scenes and exhibits from the camps.

She said we should never forget...

Archived