only in germany

woody2

1 minute ago, quilp said:

As a five-year-old my Ma took me to the old Waxworks on Nelson Street (?) on a number of occasions to see the Chamber of Horrors which mainly featured scenes and exhibits from the camps.

She said we should never forget...

Rheinwiesenlager.  And so much more that is forgotten. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, quilp said:

Many Jews have left or are leaving, throughout Europe, so stretch your concern for them all.

Have a gander at the Afd's manifesto. Reading between the lines, I can see why it's not just the mad bastard in a nightshirt they (Jews) are afraid of.

AfD is being presented as Nazism in new clothes by the Left Wing and Snowflakes who realise that national pride is returning across European nations and they hate it.

Just now, Jasper said:

AfD is being presented as Nazism in new clothes by the Left Wing and Snowflakes who realise that national pride is returning across European nations and they hate it.

Nonsense, it's pretty much the view of most Germans you'll come across. My family, my friends and my work colleagues pretty all consider the AFD's stance unacceptable. I would say their general political stances and viewpoints are varied. Using the new left wing/ snowflake excuse carries no water.

13 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Nonsense, it's pretty much the view of most Germans you'll come across. My family, my friends and my work colleagues pretty all consider the AFD's stance unacceptable. I would say their general political stances and viewpoints are varied. Using the new left wing/ snowflake excuse carries no water.

I'm a little closer to where the action is taking place.

Just now, quilp said:

Considering the election results, that just might be a bit of a subjective understatement.

Fair comment, it pretty much the view of the majority I know and meet in my part of Germany. AFD's success was primarily in the old east, a long way from here.

10 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Fair comment, it pretty much the view of the majority I know and meet in my part of Germany. AFD's success was primarily in the old east, a long way from here.

Just looking at those results it would suggest the catholic south voted strongly in favour also.

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

Just looking at those results it would suggest the catholic south voted strongly in favour also.

They were a long way off the top here in Baden Württemberg, but the two vote system here in Germany makes understanding results a bit more complicated. German politics has a lot more parties then other countries, hence why coalitions are the norm.

Going back to the point, the AFD are not good news for anyone. It is truly bizarre that Llap thinks they are.

Archived