New York attack: Eight killed by man driving truck

woody2

1 hour ago, llap said:

No, it’s precisley because we value life and freedom that we are critical of the cult of death and misery you apologise for.

It does sometimes feel like elements of this forum are a little bit happy when an Islamist attack happens because it validates their anti-Islam feelings. 

I think it is unfair to label Richard an apologist for terrorists, however, I think sometimes he too comes across as happy when an attack is a lone-wolf or right-wing nutter. 

But really there is no good massacre, even ones that we can use to say that a particular people are bad. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Declan said:

It does sometimes feel like elements of this forum are a little bit happy when an Islamist attack happens because it validates their anti-Islam feelings. 

I think it is unfair to label Richard an apologist for terrorists, however, I think sometimes he too comes across as happy when an attack is a lone-wolf or right-wing nutter. 

But really there is no good massacre, even ones that we can use to say that a particular people are bad. 

Utter nonsense. It’s usually Richard who starts a thread gloating if the person didn’t turn out to be a Muslim, then usually disappears for a week when it emerges it was a Muslim. I don’t think anyone here needs to post about Muslim terrorism to prove any point, as the point is already obvious and common sense to anyone with a brain. 

46 minutes ago, llap said:

I don’t think anyone here needs to post about Muslim terrorism to prove any point.

Then why do they. Why every time there's an atrocity does someone start a new where they seem almost delighted that they can have another go at Muslims?

21 minutes ago, Declan said:

Then why do they. Why every time there's an atrocity does someone start a new where they seem almost delighted that they can have another go at Muslims?

Because this is the international news discussion forum. Are you suggesting we never discuss it, just because we all already know it's a threat? We may as well never cover any news since everything under the sun has already happened before in some other way.

27 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Apparently it's the biggest terrorist attack since 9/11..so Las Vegas didn't count because he was white and beardless?

There was more than one shooter at Las Vegas. It was a co-ordinated terrorist attack by Antifa who are allied with ISIS. This guy was a patsy. Trump and the government have downplayed the attack and made out it wasn't what it was, because it was going to be used as a signal to other Antifa sleeper cells across the country to begin terrorist attacks all over.

7 minutes ago, llap said:

Trump and the government have downplayed the attack and made out it wasn't what it was, because it was going to be used as a signal to other Antifa sleeper cells across the country to begin terrorist attacks all over.

That's very thoughtful of him.  What a nice guy. 

1 hour ago, llap said:

Because this is the international news discussion forum. Are you suggesting we never discuss it, just because we all already know it's a threat? We may as well never cover any news since everything under the sun has already happened before in some other way.

Of course you can discuss it. I'd just prefer you'd wait until you have something to say. First two posts on this thread are just gleefully scoring points against Richard. Then Chinahand makes a coherent point, which you sort of answer. After that there's a couple of jokes about cyclists, and then back to infantile point scoring.

To be fair to you, I should have made it clearer (since I quoted you) that you weren't actually one of the posters I had in mind when I said, "elements of this forum are a little bit happy when an Islamist attack happens because it validates their anti-Islam feelings." I don't agree with you, but I don't think you see each atrocity as an opportunity to score points. 

Archived