British Woman faces Egypt Drug Smuggling

Tarne

But you said they don't work, so they can't be that agreeable. If you are looking for a massive dose of strong painkillers without going to the doctor you could always remove the highly poisonous paracetamol from the co-codamol and just drink the codiene. Not that I'd know anything about that kind of thing.

57 minutes ago, LeoZeo said:

What kind of pain do you need to be prescribed tramadol? The painkillers I'm on (over the counter Nurofen ibuprofen) are useless but the doctors refuse to offer anything other than paracetamol and ibuprofen. It makes me wonder what pain others have that they think should get this better pain relief.

Hi, TJ. 

What about the co-codamol they give you at the hospital when you have surgery? I don't remember that having paracetamol in it, but no doctor has ever suggested it as a remedy. I found it very helpful to get rid of pain and it was good for getting a good night's sleep. 

Of course it has paracetamol in it, that's what co-codamol is. A combination of paracetamol and codiene (an opiate). Over the counter it is available 8/500mg, on prescription as 15/500 and 30/500. The two drugs apparently work well together according to the manufacturers, but the real reason for the paracetamol is to stop people abusing the codiene. Paracetamol is extremelly physivally dangerous in large doses, codiene somewhat less so, although it has its own side effects.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Also, why are you buying nurofen? Whats that, about £3 a box. You could probably buy generic ibuprofen, which is exactly the same for about 50p.

It may be prudent to point out that, particularly you are getting on in years, anti inflamatory  (e.g. ibuprofen) meds may suit some but the side effects can result in severe gastric problems including ulcers for others.

just saying :flowers:

Archived