More shootings in the U.S.

De nada

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

As it's christmas.

I see an M60, Uzi, Thompson SMG, AR-15's etc but no shotguns.

Automatic weapons, like all those on display, are inherently inaccurate because they have moving parts activated when the shot is fired. For accuracy the only moving part you want is the firing pin which moves prior to the discharge.

Thanks for replying P.K. I thought the shotgun was far left back row, hard to tell with the aspect I'm getting on my phone. I'm familiar with the above.

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

A shotgun has no rifling in the barrel so it's fire and forget.

Not if you don't want it to be, depends on the ammo and shooter. And some shotguns have rifling. Check this guy out...

Even a bit of groupage at that distance. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, quilp said:

Thanks for replying P.K. I thought the shotgun was far left back row, hard to tell with the aspect I'm getting on my phone. I'm familiar with the above.

Not if you don't want it to be, depends on the ammo and shooter. And some shotguns have rifling. Check this guy out...

Even a bit of groupage at that distance. 

230 yards!

I could run 200 yards and then in single shot mode with iron sights put 5 rounds into a Figure-11 target in a 2-inch group in 25 seconds.

Everyone was very glad I was on their side....

That picture is very GOP ie just awful.

ETA - a range day sure beat working for a living

Edited by P.K.

59 minutes ago, quilp said:

Looks like a G3. Defo some form of HK assault rifle.

2nd left looks a bit like a tacticool FN.

Both likely 7.62 if so.

Stopping power and accuracy. It's why a lot of armies are adopting designated marksman rifles back in the old calibre again. The US was digging old m14s from the Vietnam war for Afghanistan as a lot of the contacts were quite far out.

Not to disregard the shooting victims; I was reading an article this morning about the opioid crisis in the US. 

Apparently last year there were more deaths from overdoses than by guns, car accidents and the flu combined.

11 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Looks like a G3. Defo some form of HK assault rifle.

2nd left looks a bit like a tacticool FN.

Both likely 7.62 if so.

Stopping power and accuracy. It's why a lot of armies are adopting designated marksman rifles back in the old calibre again. The US was digging old m14s from the Vietnam war for Afghanistan as a lot of the contacts were quite far out.

Back row, left to right: HK G3, FAL, AR-15, AR-15
Front row, left to right: M-60, UZI, Thompson submachine gun, probably an M1

Edited by GD4ELI

9 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

I wondered if it was a FAL but only due to the air slots in the stock. But if it is it's been heavily modified with the completely different shoulder stock, much shorter barrel and picatinny rail. First glance it reminded me of a Galil which would mean it has a handy bottle opener.

17 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I wondered if it was a FAL but only due to the air slots in the stock. But if it is it's been heavily modified with the completely different shoulder stock, much shorter barrel and picatinny rail. First glance it reminded me of a Galil which would mean it has a handy bottle opener.

Like I said.... 

tacticool FN

That carry handle is a giveaway

Edited by The Phantom

Whichever way you look at it, that's a totally f**ked-up country. Interesting reading some of the threads on the internet where this bunch of loons are being praised for supporting America, the Constitution and the right to shoot each other.

2 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Whichever way you look at it, that's a totally f**ked-up country. Interesting reading some of the threads on the internet where this bunch of loons are being praised for supporting America, the Constitution and the right to shoot each other.

They're all fucking bonkers.

11 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Yes very impressive your ability to identify the guns / rifles in the hands of those in the picture.

I’m afraid that means fuck all to anyone who has a view on gun ownership in the US.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes very impressive your ability to identify the guns / rifles in the hands of those in the picture.

I’m afraid that means fuck all to anyone who has a view on gun ownership in the US.

Of course it means f-all to anyone who has a view on gun ownership in the US.

I mean, why would it?

Your point is...?

• 3 months later...