More shootings in the U.S.

De nada

While not shootings there's a couple of big 'violence in america' videos out today. Police body cam footage from the Paul Pelosi hammer attack has been released, you can find it on reddit easily and no doubt elsewhere, and it is wild. 

Probably wilder sadly is the one that's getting released later this evening, of 5 cops beating someone to death.

20 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

While not shootings there's a couple of big 'violence in america' videos out today. Police body cam footage from the Paul Pelosi hammer attack has been released, you can find it on reddit easily and no doubt elsewhere, and it is wild. 

Probably wilder sadly is the one that's getting released later this evening, of 5 cops beating someone to death.

A black man being beaten to death; by 5 black Police officers. How will the black community react to this, I wonder?

Had those Police officers been white, rightly or wrongly there would have been riots and buildings being burned by now.

The Police community stand in the Dock with some questions to answer now though.

Oh yeah no doubt. There are people on the streets protesting in a number of cities, but had this been white on black those protests would be riots.

Also shows that the application of the taught violence of the american police is not exclusively racist. They're just fucking assholes.

Another California shooting leaves 3 dead, 4 injured in ritzy LA neighborhood

At least three people were killed and four wounded in a shooting in a Los Angeles neighborhood early Saturday morning, police said.  

The shooting took place shortly after 2:30 a.m. in the Beverly Crest area, an upscale neighborhood north of Beverly Hills, the Los Angeles Police Department said.

At a press conference, Sgt. Bruce Borihanh said officers responded to multiple 911 calls reporting a shooting with people down at a residence that was being used as a rental.  

17 hours ago, Bombay Bad Boy said:

He should have just put the knife down to be fair! 

I've said this before on here I think, the problem with American Police is that they have to assume that basically everyone they try to arrest is carrying a gun (and they often are).  Therefore essentially simple tasks will always be escalated into some sort of military stand-off.   The Police will have to take the view to shoot first.  Morally questionable, but when it comes down to a you or them shoot first scenario. 

Edited by The Phantom

• 2 weeks later...

Michigan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64632879

At least three people have been killed after a gunman opened fire at Michigan State University, police say.

As well as the three victims, police said the suspect had died apparently from a "self-inflicted gunshot wound".

Another five people were injured in the attack at the main campus in the city of East Lansing late on Monday.

1 hour ago, De nada said:

Michigan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64632879

At least three people have been killed after a gunman opened fire at Michigan State University, police say.

As well as the three victims, police said the suspect had died apparently from a "self-inflicted gunshot wound".

Another five people were injured in the attack at the main campus in the city of East Lansing late on Monday.

Free speech and all that but what are you hoping to achieve by constantly posting about shootings in that lunatic country across the sea?

38 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

You made it my business by posting on this forum, Care to answer the question?

If you don't want to know about "shootings in that lunatic country across the sea" why read the thread?

It's not like some lunatic is holding a gun to your head. 

Edited by Zarley
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

You made it my business by posting on this forum, Care to answer the question?

Sorry, I'm not answerable to you. Please put me on ignore if you can't resist reading my posts.

It's for the best.

Edited by De nada

Mississippi.

A man armed with three guns fatally shot his ex-wife and five others during a rampage in a small rural town in the US state of Mississippi, police say.

The victims were killed at several locations, including a store and two homes, in Arkabutla, a community of fewer than 300 people.

Police have charged a 52-year-old local man with first-degree murder and held him at the county jail.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64684350