Turn Based Gaming

Phoenix

New to the Forum and just thought I'd ask what peoples views on turn based games are and if there are any that anyone would recommend?

Currently just started playing LSN, ( Laser Sqad Nemesis, ) Email turn based game around the X'Com type engine.

Anyone else playing this? Up for a game?

• 3 weeks later...

Birth of The Federation - the base game gets pretty boring but with the Ultimate MOD 2 it's alot more interesting (not to mention all but free as the publisher has gone to the great warehouse in the sky). Nothing quite beats getting to the far corner of the galaxy in your piddly scout ship to find a fleet of 10 borg cubes looking for someone's ass to kick.

• 4 weeks later...
Few of us have been playing a planetarium clone, that was fun. Played LSN when it was launched but haven't for a while. Can I play without buying the client?

Hi Slim, you can download it and play yes. It's now got single player missions for all four races so you can practice a bit. I think that you do have to subscribe to play in the league though but it was only something like a fiver for a few months so well worth it I thought, especially since I am on it constantly once in from work :blink:

If you do get it, you could try playing a friendly, that might be ok if not subscribing. If so then feel free to drop me a challange. Same user name as on here :)

• 3 weeks later...
Birth of The Federation - the base game gets pretty boring but with the Ultimate MOD 2 it's alot more interesting (not to mention all but free as the publisher has gone to the great warehouse in the sky). Nothing quite beats getting to the far corner of the galaxy in your piddly scout ship to find a fleet of 10 borg cubes looking for someone's ass to kick.

i do like this game,although i have not heard of this MOD2 that you have mentioned.does this mod stop the waits in between turns?once i get to turn 150`ish it becomes a real pain.

Archived