Opera, High Arts, and British Politics.

Manximus Aururaneus

it doesn't need state funding, it works in a commercial market without it. i've lost count of the number of proms in the park events i have done over 30 years.....

its a case of the poor paying for corporate entertainment and complimentary nights out for the cs.....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, woody2 said:

it doesn't need state funding, it works in a commercial market without it. i've lost count of the number of proms in the park events i have done over 30 years.....

If you don’t appove of govt supported events then you should not be accepting payment for those contracts.

12 hours ago, pongo said:

If you don’t appove of govt supported events then you should not be accepting payment for those contracts.

you don't understand business do you?:lol:

proms in the park are commercial events......

the taxpayers £1 billion the opera house and the 2 companies based there have received over the last 40 years is disgusting..... 

The BBC ticket prices are tiny compared with any typical commercial event. That’s a good thing - I am not knocking it.

Also factor in that the orchestras and other performers will invariably also and separately be publicly funded. And the venues.

1 hour ago, pongo said:

The BBC ticket prices are tiny compared with any typical commercial event. That’s a good thing - I am not knocking it.

Also factor in that the orchestras and other performers will invariably also and separately be publicly funded. And the venues.

Woody was talking about Proms in the Park not the Proms though. 

18 minutes ago, Declan said:

Woody was talking about Proms in the Park not the Proms though. 

I want to say "so?" - but I want to say that politely and with good humour. It's a sincere question. I don't see the contradiction. Can you explain?

51 minutes ago, pongo said:

I want to say "so?" - but I want to say that politely and with good humour. It's a sincere question. I don't see the contradiction. Can you explain?

proms in the park have zero to do with the bbc proms season, they are commercial events......

as for bbc events in general they are run through the commercial arm of the bbc, nothing to do with the taxayer funded side.....

Archived